Seth Davis doesn't speak highly of Willie's NBA stock

Sooner23

Reaction score
From the article pinned above..........

I saw my colleague Ian Thomsen quoted some NBA scouts pegging Oklahoma guard Willie Warren as high as No. 4 in this year’s draft. That truly boggles the mind. Warren is barely looking like a pro right now, much less a top-five pick. I suggest those scouts DVR a couple of Sooners games before recommending to their bosses that they make that investment.

Ouch, lots of games left to write him off this early...

I think Davis is 100% correct. If WW gets drafted in the first round it will be based on potential. He has been inconsistent, which is to be expected somewhat after losing the POY and two senior starters from an Elite 8 team. What has disappointed me has been his terrible demeanor and attitude during games, which as far as I'm concerned, is inexcusable. I don't know what's happening behind closed doors, but during games, it seems to me Coach Capel has given up on him as he ignores his ridiculous outbursts repeatedly.

I am by no means a Warren hater, as I try not to post derrogatory comments about college players, especially OU guys; I want Willie to be a great player and be a lottery pick in the worst way. However, when a kid acts immature and spoiled on a regular basis, it starts to wear thin with me regardless of his ability or production. I would hope that Coach Capel has told WW that he is hurting his draft stock as well as his team and if he doesn't get his act together, he will be left in the green room hoping to get drafted in the 2nd round.

the draft is based on potential. he has the talent. he's got game similar to rodney stuckey but a head like rashad mccants. guess what rashad is up to now? if he wants to stay in the league and earn that second contract, he needs to wear a "what would rashad mccants do" bracelet and do the exact opposite. talent alone is not what is going to keep him in the nba.

the draft is based on potential. he has the talent. he's got game similar to rodney stuckey but a head like rashad mccants. guess what rashad is up to now? if he wants to stay in the league and earn that second contract, he needs to wear a "what would rashad mccants do" bracelet and do the exact opposite. talent alone is not what is going to keep him in the nba.

Precisely...hope WW gets it together once he is drafted. That first contract goes by quickly when you're living that type of lifestyle.

Who is Seth Davis?

Willie Warren will hire Seth as his assistant.

I'll answer my own question. Seth Davis is a dork Cameron Crazy political science major who never played the game.

His opinion is worth zilch.

I'll answer my own question. Seth Davis is a dork Cameron Crazy political science major who never played the game.

His opinion is worth zilch.

Do you not realize how telling it is that you always talk about "majors"?

Seth graduated.

Back