Softball

Big time strikeout from Lowary!

We can't get these next three outs quick enough.

An insurance run would be nice. It would also make me feel better.

Three outs. Three outs. Get 'em
Sooners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three outs and OU is the national champ again. A situation tailor made for Paige Lowary.

Fla is stunned to be in this position. Paige is dialed to finish this thing.
And I agree with Ollie--Coach Gasso had earned a statue in Norman!

What a great overall performance by the team tonight. We really got it together tonight.

What a great, great job by the staff and the team.

I said it the other day and I believe it all the way through. Patti Gasso is the best coach at OU!

What a post-game interview with coach. Very emotional and wonderful!!!

A tremendous amount of credit needs to go to Patty for knowing her team pulling the right string and letting her two freshman throw 3.1 of 7 inning in the game for the national championship. She has a set of XXXX as big as a bull.

She plays to win and is willing to do whatever it takes to get the W.

This win should give OU the momentum to get the money for the new Marita Hynes facility ASAP. Probably before schools starts this fall. At least I am hoping!!!

Last edited:
What a post-game interview with coach. Very emotional and wonderful!!!

Lots of happy tears to be sure.

The love and the team chemistry on this team is really special. I think that may be why they're so tough mentally and physically, and they never get down or give up. I won't be at all surprised if OU is in the championship series next year.

An amazing win by our Sooners. To come back after falling behind, 3-1, and score four quick runs and make that lead stand up -- just a great performance. I couldn't be prouder.

And for what it's worth, I too think any criticism we might make of any of our athletes could be couched in more respectful terms. These are not professional athletes; they are amateurs, student-athletes in their teens and early twenties who have accomplished amazing things most of us could never dream of. You wanna say Parker had an off night? Fair enough, but just remember who you're talking about -- not a spoiled millionaire pro but a 20- or 21-year-old college student who happens to be one of the best pitchers OU has ever had.

Thanks for the 10-seed, NCAA.

Actually, yes. It worked out perfectly. What a post-season run.

Faced 4 elimination games in a row and met the challenge.

After that first loss to NDSU, OU won 11 straight post-season games.

Personally knocked out 3 SEC teams ... Arkansas, Auburn, Florida.

Dunked the Ducks.

In the record books as the highest (#10) seed to win the national championship.

In the record books as winner of the longest game in the women's world series.

FOURTH (4th) NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!

Last edited:
Great win.....Great Team Win!

I couldn't be prouder of a group of student athletes!

Three-peat???

:woot:woot:woot:woot

Neither will I. Where are the holes? No one could find one.

almost everyone returns and from the softball recruiting site rankings. 3 more elite bats are incoming.

2017 Class. Ranked #9. Only a 3 player class as we only lose 1 senior in Macy Hatfield.

4—Eliyah Flores 3B/OF… Firecrackers – Rico (Oklahoma)
Eliyah is an aggressive hitter who also has developed the patience to sit back and take walks. Coaches have described her as a “professional hitter” who is invested in the educational part of the game. Eliyah breathes, eats and sleeps hitting and understands how to use the whole field. For the second straight year, the So Cal talent put on an impressive display— this season batting .495 with 13 home runs and 31 RBI. Eliyah had a four-game stretch at the end of April where she hit five home runs and showed how she can go on a tear at any given time. She also was a key cog in helping the Firecrackers to a 7-2 record at PGF 18U Nationals, as she led the team with seven RBI and had six walks for a .438 on-base percentage. Another strength of Eliyah’s is she is fearless at the plate and loves to be challenged. Defensively, she’s solid at third, but can also play second base.
9--Jocelyn Alo C… OC Batbusters -- Stith (Cal)
Jocelyn is an amazing story: she lives in Hawaii and commutes to the Mainland to play on the two-time defending PGF 18U National Champion Batbusters. Last year, she was a state champion wrestler, but this season didn't wrestle to concentrate on softball. Jocelyn is a ferocious hitter--one coach described her at the plate as "violent"--and she has a great work ethic and focus. Personable with a winning demeanor, Jocelyn doesn't let pressure affect her; in fact, it's the opposite as she makes the game simple. In high school ball this year, the Hawaiian hit .597 with a slugging percentage of 1.036 and that was after a 2015 season when she hit video game numbers with a .756 batting average and a 2.073 slugging percentage aided by 14 home runs. But it's not just high school ball where she tears the cover off the ball: she normally bats in the 3-hole and against elite pitching last year at PGF Nationals led the champs with a .579 average, two home runs and was second with eight RBI.

13—Alexa Schultz OF… Ohana Tigers (Oklahoma)
Alexa is an explosive hitter who comes up big in the clutch when needed. She’s a tough-nosed player who plays leftfield for the Tigers and helped the 16U team to a 5-2 record and top 5 finish as she was second on the team in hitting (.333) and led the So Cal-based squad with three home runs, six RBI, an on-base percentage of .524, a slugging percentage of 1.000 and an OPS of 1.524. Like Mary Iakopo (see #19 above), she also plays for Los Alamitos High and has had a strong spring capped off with a grand slam. Playing for Shawn Quarles when part of the So Cal A’s organization, Alexa won an ASA 14U National Championship and in one day at those Nationals had four home runs. One coach described her as “the model of a player who does everything well and is consistently excellent at the plate and in the outfield.”

Last edited:
Back