Sooners Ranked 11th in Preseason Top 25 Poll >>> NBADraft.net

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Source Link

11. Oklahoma Sooners
Last season: 30-6 (13-3 Big 12), Elite Eight
Key returnees: SG Willie Warren (14.6 ppg, 3.1 apg), SF Tony Crocker (9.6 ppg)
Key additions: C Keith Gallon, PG Tommy Mason-Griffin, PF Andrew Fitzpatrick
Key losses: C Blake Griffin, PF Taylor Griffin, PG Austin Johnson, PF-Juan Pattillo (dismissed from team)
Projected starting lineup: PG-Mason-Griffin / SG-Warren / SF-Crocker / PF-Ryan Wright / C-Gallon
The Prognosis: No miracle here: Blake Griffin didn't decide to come back to school. But keeping Jeff Capel at the helm was a really important step for this team, which has the potential to do some damage in a league many expect will be dominated by Kansas and Texas. Their senior class, led by Crocker, is an interesting group that should improve a lot for its final year on a team of youngsters.

Interesting projected line-up. I still think Big O gets the nod at this point.

Every time I see a projected starting lineup, I can't help but to think about Blake next to Tiny, and the possibility of a national championship.

Every time I see a projected starting lineup, I can't help but to think about Blake next to Tiny, and the possibility of a national championship.

we were lucky for year 2 of Blake, i think the better fantasy is Moose next to Blake last year and with better guard play a puncher's chance against a really good UNC team.

If Willie's 3 were falling and we had Moose the who knows what happens vs UNC, at the very least it certainly gets a lot closer.

we were lucky for year 2 of Blake, i think the better fantasy is Moose next to Blake last year and with better guard play a puncher's chance against a really good UNC team.

I agree, we were lucky to have 2 years of blake, but I still think of what could be this year.

Source Link

11. Oklahoma Sooners
Key losses: C Blake Griffin, PF Taylor Griffin, PG Austin Johnson, PF-Juan Pattillo (dismissed from team)
Projected starting lineup: PG-Mason-Griffin / SG-Warren / SF-Crocker / PF-Ryan Wright / C-Gallon
The Prognosis: No miracle here: Blake Griffin didn't decide to come back to school. But keeping Jeff Capel at the helm was a really important step for this team, which has the potential to do some damage in a league many expect will be dominated by Kansas and Texas. Their senior class, led by Crocker, is an interesting group that should improve a lot for its final year on a team of youngsters.

If Wright and Orlondo are a complete toss up, who do you start? Personally, I would start Orlondo because he has another year left and all things being equal that tips the scales in favor of Orlondo. As a result, I tend to agree with you that Orlondo gets the starting spot.

If Willie's 3 were falling and we had Moose the who knows what happens vs UNC, at the very least it certainly gets a lot closer.

Heck if we are going to play what ifs, lets say what if Scottie Reynolds was our starting pg last season and Damian James was our starting PF. 7 deep means AJ and Taylor coming off the bench. 9 deep is Cade Davis and either Big O or Ryan Wright. 11 deep includes everyone mentioned and Leary. I think that lineup beats UNC by double digits. That is 4 NBA players and Tony Crocker will make a living playing basketball at some level.

11th is way too high IMO. This team needs to prove itself against some quality competition before they deserve to be in the top 20.

Source Link

11. Oklahoma Sooners

I could go with that line-up, I just think after fall workouts and everything shakes out Pledger might be starting

11th is way too high IMO. This team needs to prove itself against some quality competition before they deserve to be in the top 20.

Why? No one else has proved anything yet either. We deserve to be around there because we have a great coach, and we return several key players from probably the second best team in the country last season. We also add a top-5 recruiting class..find me 20 teams with 3 McDonald's AA, then I might buy what you're selling.

Back