Soonersports.com dropping the (basket)ball

skyvue

Reaction score
It's now three days later, with another game just hours away, and there's still no video on Soonersports.com from the MSM game.

And that season opener was not on television, so only the few thousand in attendance on Saturday got to see it.

Anyone know someone in the athletic department's multimedia department? They've got to do a better job than that. The hoops program deserves better.

Agree! Surely there's some reason highlights aren't up yet.

I just called and was transferred to someone named Tory (I missed his last name). I left a rather pointed (but civil) voicemail detailing my frustration. Here's hoping they get the message.

If anyone else wishes to call, the main AD dept. number is (405) 325-8200. Hit the #8 in the phone tree to reach an operator and tell her you'd like to speak to someone involved with multimedia at Soonersports.com.

Or you can register your sentiments online here:

http://www.soonersports.com/feedback/okla-feedback.html

It's now three days later, with another game just hours away, and there's still no video on Soonersports.com from the MSM game.

And that season opener was not on television, so only the few thousand in attendance on Saturday got to see it.

Anyone know someone in the athletic department's multimedia department? They've got to do a better job than that. The hoops program deserves better.

Agreed. Someone needs to step it up over there.

Take a sec to drop them a line and let them know we're out here, folks.

Keep it friendly, but let 'em know we're counting on them and expect better from them.

Mike Houck is the assistant AD in charge of hoops, so it couldn't hurt to contact him as well (again, keep it civil): mhouck@ou.edu

Last edited:
I just emailed this to Mike Houck:

Mr. Houck,

Hello, I hope you are well. We were having a discussion over on www.ouhoops.com about how the OU multimedia department could do a better job with game highlights. I really think OU should consider a system similar to Colorado, Nebraska, and Iowa State.

Colorado played their game last night, and they have highlights up a few hours later. OU played a game several days ago and still there are no highlights. But its their format that makes it great as well. You simply click on the game story and have access to the highlights. The top photo in the game story will have a play button, you just click the picture and you get the highlights from that game.

Check it out at this link: http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=204835131

Any chance OU could go to a system like this? That way we can read the game story, then just click on the photo and it plays the highlights right in that box.

Thank you for your time.

Good job, bigabd.

I wrote to Houck, too, in addition to the note I sent via the feedback page at soonersports.com.

OU sold the rights to produce audio and video as well as other aspects of the SoonerSports site to cbs sports (cstv all-access). OU sports is very small potatoes to this bunch. Their tech people are one step below idiots, usually speak in foreign accents, and the segemnts provided have ALWAYS been poor. I joined when OU sold the site to cbs sports and it never worked right. Houck apologized. I tried lately to purchase a membership but couldn't for technical reasons beyond me. Tried with two different techies and got three (!!!)different instructions to solve the problem none of which worked. OU has lost control of something which could be important.

The main reason there is nothing up yet on Soonersports is that there was a football game the same day and Soonervision only had one camera there....remember folks...even in a down year football will always take precedent, yeah it sucks but that's just the way it goes.

The main reason there is nothing up yet on Soonersports is that there was a football game the same day and Soonervision only had one camera there....remember folks...even in a down year football will always take precedent, yeah it sucks but that's just the way it goes.

I love OU football, but that's no excuse. A couple more cameras would be a drop in the bucket that is the athletic department's budget.

I don't believe Soonersports recorded the game at all. On the main camera platform there was only a small handheld on a tripod. The also didn't have any replays or shots of the crowd during the game.

I don't believe Soonersports recorded the game at all. On the main camera platform there was only a small handheld on a tripod. The also didn't have any replays or shots of the crowd during the game.

Really? WTF? That is pretty terrible. Not having cameras for replays at the season opener? That is embarrassing. Talk about not putting out the best product you can.
:mad:

Did anyone get a reply from the SoonerSports.com peeps about this?

I take it nobody got a response. BTW, the Oklahoma Basketball Blog wasn't updated today. You'd think they'd have lots of good stuff to put in there the day after the game. Probably had the guy who runs the basketball section busy polishing the white football helmets and picking up Stoops' dry cleaning. They should hire whoever put this site together to keep it updated.

Last edited:

they had both at the game

Really? WTF? That is pretty terrible. Not having cameras for replays at the season opener? That is embarrassing. Talk about not putting out the best product you can.
:mad:

They didn't have more than one camera there because of the 6 p.m. start for the football game that night where they have to start filming at 4 when the students get let in, they can't change over everything that quickly.

Back