Suspensions at Arkansas announced

Henzo

Reaction score
Several suspensions handed out before their opener:

Freshman Glenn Bryant will miss two games. Junior Marcus Britt will not play in the Razorbacks' first six regular season games following two separate violations of team rules. Walk-on student-athlete Nick Mason will not be permitted to be on Arkansas' dress roster for games during the fall semester. Senior Stef Welsh and sophomore Courtney Fortson have been suspended indefinitely from competition for unrelated violations of team rules. A timetable for their return will be independent of each other and has not been determined.
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/V...746&SPID=2421&ATCLID=204831003&DB_OEM_ID=6100

Wow... They cant win this year with Fortson and Welsh.

Does anyone else feel like that Pel is in over his head? Wow. This is not good at all for the pigs.

Does anyone else feel like that Pel is in over his head?

Not at all. He is cleaning up the garbage early. That may mean losing more games then fans like, but I think in time he'll have them as a top 3 team in the SEC.

They'll all be back by the time they come to Norman.

Not at all. He is cleaning up the garbage early. That may mean losing more games then fans like, but I think in time he'll have them as a top 3 team in the SEC.

But he recruited that "garbage". Also, several of these guys were in trouble last year....

MU recruited Fortson, but Anderson never offered. I think I've figured out why.

They'll all be back by the time they come to Norman.

Even if they are, it is still a big set back for the team. The team does not get to play with them in the lineup. Teams progress throughout the season. Having one guy out might be something you can overcome and coudl even result in buidling some depth but I think two key players and some other reserves is a big, big deal.

Furthermore it is our 7th game of the season. It is probably about that for Arkansas. The guy that got 6 games got a set suspension. I could be wrong but I read these actions as saying Fortson and Welsh are in the most trouble with the Coach. (I do recognize that a Coach might want to leave himself some room with key players but I still think they are in the most trouble).

But he recruited that "garbage". Also, several of these guys were in trouble last year....

Not all of it, did he?

Recruiting mistakes happen. Every coach at OU has recruited kids they've eventually had to boot, suspend, or let go. I just think he is going to be a very good coach. We should know by next season.

Was Capel over his head when he recruited Maze, Early, Cannon?

It happens, they'll be fine.

How about this scenario. Arkansas is able to win all their games against creampuffs and is 5-1 (one loss at Louisville) when they come to Norman. We beat them by 20. Then two days later Pelphrey ends the suspensions of Fortson, Welch and Britt and the Hogs go on to make the NCAA tourney, and therefore helping our RPI.

Would that work for everybody? I know it would work for me. :)

Back