T. Ford - why does he get a contract....

Looking4#8

Reaction score
worth so much? 10 years and 21 million? What has he done to deserve that? Just surprises me after taking osu one time to the tourney. Are they that desperate that if they GET to the tourney they reward their coach with a 21 million dollar contract? I had to laugh actually. The last I heard he was dog cussing his players (i.e. Mangino) in front of the home crowd. And they are drawing about 3,500 people at home games. Hmmmmmm.

I thought it was a little awkward to give a young guy like him a 10 year deal worth so much since he hasn't proven anything. That's the kind of thing you do to lock down a great coach after he's proven himself.

Job legitimacy.

You can argue the length, because I'm not sure 10 years is appropriate, but I think the amount is for what OSU is trying to do. State is trying to make their coaching position seem like a "step up" by paying their head coach more, I personally think it's a win-win. If Ford performs well, he has earned that type of coin...if he is let go, then the job has more "prestige" in the coaching community because of the salary.

I also think the buyout might be less because of the current contractual terms.

Incentive to go out and work harder?

I think the aggies are taking a huge gamble. Notre Dame did the same thing with Charlie Weiss and look how that turned out.

Contracts are useless in this industry anyways...

They should be like the players and have year to year contracts...now that would be a true pay for performance environment...

Back