Taylor and Clark get some love

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Rivals put out its 2010 recruiting class breakdown for the early signing period. Jerry Meyer broke down the conferences and looked at the top recruits within the Big 12.

Best SG: T.J. Taylor, Oklahoma
Best 4 star: Cameron Clark, Oklahoma
Most versatile: Cameron Clark, Oklahoma

Rivals has OU at the #4 spot right now.

Source Link

You have to love the way Capel is recruiting in Texas. Cam is in my opinion the best player out of Texas and TJ Taylor is the best shooting guard in the state. Mark Cline has done a really nice job recruiting. I am pretty sure he is the assistant that recruited both Cam and TJ.

If Capel can snag in one more prize fish (like Jones), our team in two years has the potential to be one of the best in school history. That's saying a lot.

Taylor and clark is going to be so huge for us!
I really believe taylor was such an important get...his ability to play either the 1 or 2 and come in and be a defensive stopper is important. With us loosing crocker we very desperately needed to find a defensive stopper and I hope taylor can be that guy

Clark should be our defensive stopper next year with his size and athleticism he should be able step right in and be an excellent perimeter defender. Though I agree, Taylor is important, he has a D-1 ready body, is very skilled. He should be able to help immediately. I think he will come in and be our back up PG next season.

Clark should be our defensive stopper next year with his size and athleticism he should be able step right in and be an excellent perimeter defender. Though I agree, Taylor is important, he has a D-1 ready body, is very skilled. He should be able to help immediately. I think he will come in and be our back up PG next season.

I hope you are right but I doubt that happens. Freshman usually don't do that because the intensity of defense played in college is so much higher.

With Cam's athleticism and size there is no reason he shouldn't immediately be a solid defender and eventually be a lock-down defender. I am really happy to hear he is working on defense as a priority. If you are going to start immediately (and Clark will), you have to be ready to play D or your hurting the team. I love the mindset of footwork and defense being stressed.

I heard Clark,dad is getting somone to train him on footwork and defense only.

Glad to hear that chico! That will really give him an edge to come in and produce early. I hope TJ does something similar.

Back