Terrence Jones News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
News Flash!!!!This just in..Terrence Jones will be signing with the college of his choice.

www.kentuckysportsradio.com

Terrence Jones recently finished up a visit to UK, where he attended the Blue/White scrimmage, and will be visiting UCLA this weekend. When you see that Terrence is rated as the #3 power forward and #13 prospect overall, it’s no mystery why the Cats have made him a top priority. Here’s a few of the highlights from my conversation with Terrence:

DR: Can you just walk me through your visit and what happened?

Terrence Jones: When I got there on Thursday I went to class with Darius Miller and got to see what it was like to be a student. Then I got to go the cafeteria, went to practice and got to see how hard they go. Then I went out to eat with all of the coaching staff. Then the next day, went to the game and got to meet [Athletic Director Mitch Barnhart]. Then, with the game, I enjoyed watching them play. There was a lot of people there. Then we all went out to eat, me and [CJ Leslie]. The next day we watched them practice and that was about it.

DR: You said that there was a lot of people there at the game. Can you speak a little bit about that and about the fans?

Terrence Jones: It was amazing. They were just showing me how much love and appreciation they had for just me being there and acknowledging me by chanting my name. Just showing me that they really care about the team. They wanted my autograph. That was real cool. I’ve never seen anything like that at any other school on any of my other visits. Yeah that was one of the things that stuck out the most.

DR: As far as seeing the team practice, I know that one of the things that you had previously spoke with me about was fitting into the right system. Did it seem like their system would fit you?

Terrence Jones: Yes. I feel like with me being a good ball handler, that’s one of my best skills, the dribble drive offense would allow me to attack the rim and be a play maker and that’s one of my best abilities.

DR: I assume that most of the schools on your list are on an even plane, but can you speak a little bit about how the visit may have improved UK’s position with you or left it the same as it was before?

Terrence Jones: Me going on all the visits I feel that it brings up each school in its own way because it makes me see one different thing that I didn’t get to see with another school. That’s the thing usually about the visits is that you actually get a hands on feeling about it. I just liked the whole experience of being at the University of Kentucky for the first time.

DR: What about the coaching staff? Do you feel like they are making you a top target?

Terrence Jones: Yeah, I mean, I’ve built a great relationship with Coach Cal and he explains that he feels that he could teach me on and off the court and, the most important thing, to win. He feels that we could win.

DR: Your plan is still to decide during the fall period and sign in the fall?

Terrence Jones: Yeah.

As Matt reported last night, the coaching staff recently made the cross country trip to Portland, further proving that Terrence is a major piece of the Cats’ 2010 recruiting needs. UK looks to be in this race for the long haul and should be a major factor when it comes down to decision time for Terrence.

Make sure that you are following Terrence on twitter to get an up close look at how this top recruit spends his day.

Sounds like he really likes Calipari.
Kids like Cal. Let's hope mom doesn't.

sounded like every other visit interview to me. no difference.

sounded like every other visit interview to me. no difference.

Dirty,

I completely agree. You could have cut and paste the article after his OU visit and you would have had this one...With the obvious exception that mentioned his mom liked OU...

AS

Dirty,

Told you about UK Calicats....

Looks like UK was hearding about the JW talk.

Yes, UK Wildcats were viewed as being OUT with TJ.

So, Cali got onto a plane for an IN HOME visit with TJ.
A prompt, rushed visit to TJ.

How did the visit go?
No, commit from TJ.

Desperate times for the Calicats.

UK is striking out with many recruits. :chestram2:

It's hard to disagree with your view. Except--in my opinion, Coach Capel has a BIG leg up recruiting wise at this stage in their respective coaching arc's. I'm guess'n that will pay off in the end?

Until Mike starts to recruit in the top 20, no juco's and competes with Bill for kids no dice. You are still one of the 5 little sisters. Sorry MU fan.

With Pressey in the fold and a solid shot at Tony Mitchell, that would likely put MU in the 10-15 range in the rivals team rankings, so if recruiting in the top 20 is what Anderson needs to do to win (which he's already proven false, but whatever...), he's damn near there already. Whether or not he brings in an occasional juco is irrelevant. If they can play, they can play. Doesn't matter where a player comes from.

Capel's landed several highly rated players, including four McDonald's All-Americans (I could be off on that number, but I think it's right). And with that significant talent advantage (not to mention taking over a solid program), Capel's won 69 total games to Anderson's 65.

He has had a big leg up in recruiting, but Anderson's closing that gap a bit. And even with that gap, the on the court performance hasn't been significantly different overall.

Keep thinking Mizzou's a little sister.

Keep thinking Mizzou's a little sister.

I certainly don't think that. Missouri has beaten us 6 of the last 7 regular season games so I don't see how OU fans are qualified to say this. Anderson is a terrific coach, and he proved it with that deep run last season. His recruiting is still a bit suspect, but we'll find out if he can build off that NCAA Tournament run.

As for Terrance Jones, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. I believe he's OU's single most important recruit because if Tiny leaves, there is going to be one huge low-post gap which needs to be filled. If we don't get Terrance, it's likely whoever is the backup plan will probably be a significant step downward.

there is probably some truth to that statement but a good writer that asks the right questions can make things look how they want them to look.

there is probably some truth to that statement but a good writer that asks the right questions can make things look how they want them to look.

:ez-laugh: Okay. Or he could like Cal. I can see where kids would really like him and really like his style of play.

Really?
No way, TJ goes to Kentucky.
You guys are funny. LMAO

Terrence Jones will delay decision to the SPRING....

Does this open the door for the FIFTH OFFICIAL VISIT....to ARIZONA?

Some words from the coach...
"Terrence Jones was to fly to Los Angeles on Thursday to take an official recruiting visit to UCLA, wrapping up a whirlwind basketball recruiting travel schedule.

Jones, Jefferson High School's 6-foot-9 senior star, visited Kentucky last week and was at Oregon on Saturday.

His coach, Pat Strickland, said Jones is in no rush to make up his mind on a college. If he hasn't decided which scholarship offer to accept by the early signing period, Strickland said, then he will wait. "oregioan

Really?
No way, TJ goes to Kentucky.
You guys are funny. LMAO

Terrence Jones will delay decision to the SPRING....

Does this open the door for the FIFTH OFFICIAL VISIT....to ARIZONA?

Some words from the coach...
"Terrence Jones was to fly to Los Angeles on Thursday to take an official recruiting visit to UCLA, wrapping up a whirlwind basketball recruiting travel schedule.

Jones, Jefferson High School's 6-foot-9 senior star, visited Kentucky last week and was at Oregon on Saturday.

His coach, Pat Strickland, said Jones is in no rush to make up his mind on a college. If he hasn't decided which scholarship offer to accept by the early signing period, Strickland said, then he will wait. "oregioan

good stuff. thanks for your insight.

I think you have it backwards. That's how bad writers do. This Dustin Rumbaugh guy is another James Hale. He framed UK and Cal in every part of the interview. Henzo is different from that as he lets the kids express their own opinions. I especially liked this touch at the end of that interview:

Make sure that you are following Terrence on twitter to get an up close look at how this top recruit spends his day.

Trying to get UK fans to drum up support.

I think you have it backwards. That's how bad writers do. This Dustin Rumbaugh guy is another James Hale. He framed UK and Cal in every part of the interview.

How is this framed?

What about the coaching staff? Do you feel like they are making you a top target?

Dirty,

I completely agree. You could have cut and paste the article after his OU visit and you would have had this one...With the obvious exception that mentioned his mom liked OU...

AS

I think his mom likes Capel moreso than OU as a University. I take my cues from his mom who has never really endorsed KU or AZ and in two situations has eliminated them from discussion. I don't feel Kentucky is the player UW and OU. I'm more concerned about Oregon being a player.

Oregon being a player for ANY big time prospect after the direction that program is heading is a testament to the power of Nike. Oregon was beyond pathetic last year.

Oregon being a player for ANY big time prospect after the direction that program is heading is a testament to the power of Nike. Oregon was beyond pathetic last year.

It's his home state...what about Harrison Barnes and Iowa State? Blake and OU?

Well said. That is the key for him, although I'm sure he's good at charming parents as well. Cal is obviously a personable guy and has an enticing coaching style and offensive philosophy that has received a lot of press to sell players on. The "dribble/drive" offense has made him appear like an offensive coaching guru, which in my opinion is ridiculous, but the media loves it.

Romar is getting more nervous about lossing the recruit- Terrence Jones.

The new talk of TJ signing in the spring is DAMAGING for Romar.

Plus, there is more talk about Romar's coaching ability or lack of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back