Terrence Ross recruiting question?

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
This is an article from feb 09, where Ross identified OU as one of his top schools. At that time he and his friend Terrence Jones were both high on Maryland. Ross committed, but Jones didn't. That being said, with OU having 3, possibly 4 more spots, have they started recruiting this kid again. The belief is that he backed off of his affiliation with Nike through AAU basketball, playing for 1-95. If that was the case, Oregon would be a strong consideration for his services. But if Ernie Kent's job is in jeopardy like many people think, that should affect oregon's recruiting. Henzo, BT, or Parker, if you find out any info or if OU is recruiting, please share.

Meet 2010 Recruit Terrence RossPosted by Chris Knapp On February - 19 - 2009Email Author
Terrence Ross is more than likely a new name to people who follow recruiting for the University of Kansas, but he is definitely a name worth remembering.
Ross is a silky smooth 6′6″ Shooting Guard from Montrose Christian School in Maryland. He is considered by most recruiting services to be an elite level prospect and possibly a perfect match for Coach Self and the Kansas Jayhawks in the search for a wing to fill their 2010 recruiting needs.

Terrence is not your typical high school player who is content to rest on his laurels. He started to emerge on the AAU circuit the last few years and was approached by Montrose about moving from his native Portland, OR to play for a national power. Ross took on the challenge and embraced the opportunity to play with a team full of Division One players like Maphtou Yarou and Isaiah Armwood, who are both heading to Villanova next season. He also saw it as an opportunity to improve his game and get the coaching that will take him to the next level.

This willingness to learn and improve has drawn the attention of coaches from all over the country.

“I have a lot of schools recruiting me right now. The main ones are Louisville, Kansas, Memphis, Oklahoma, Oregon St, Washington, Georgetown, Villanova, Maryland, UCLA, and UNLV.” said Ross.

With such a diverse list of schools, one has to wonder if Ross has a favorite or a group of favorites.

“I am wide open at this point, I have no favorites.” Ross told theshiver.

With Ross being content to enjoy the recruiting process at this point, he is mainly focused on improving his game and working on his strengths.

“I would say I have a quite a few strengths. I can create my own shot, I can shoot the ball well, and scoring” said Ross about his areas of strength.

Though these are ideal strengths to be looked for in a shooting guard, he concedes that he has room to improve.

“I need to improve my ball handling.” Ross added.

Ross will be a gem of a recruit to whatever school he decides to commit to in the next year. He is in no hurry at this point, and he does have parts of his game that he needs to improve on. He is definitely a player who scores in bursts at this point and time. If he can become more consistent in imposing his will on opposing guards, he will become a dominant scoring guard in college. His ball handling does need to improve as well, so he can take better advantage of his excellent shooting ability to make defenders play him honest. His athleticism is also impressive, which will help him shooting over defenders and with his rebounding.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEhicKC_pKY[/ame]

Ross is #6.

Back