Texas Top 100 (2011) >>> Texashoops.com

Where do we stand with Jordan Williams?

I am not sure if Capel is after him or not. I have seen him play a couple of times. He is kind of a tweener as far as being a post versus a wing. It will be interesting to see if he grows anymore.

A guy to watch is Jerion Henry. He just moved to Texas over the summer, and made a big splash on the Dallas scene. I talked to one scout that said he has a chance to be the best player in the state! Oh yeah, his dad is the great, Skeeter Henry.

I'm a little surpised Henry is that low, must be because he just moved and they're not used to him yet.

One guy to look out for on that list is big Gipson, he is everybit of 240 listed (maybe a little bit more) and if he is able to add just an inch or two more with his frame and strentgh he is gonna be load in college.

I like that we are already listed as high on Gibsons interest. The next two years in recruiting should be very interesting we are in on a load of elite talent very early on! :clap

Does a Top 100 in Texas for basketball seem like a bit much to anybody else? Big state with lots of good players, but seriously, a Top 100? I guess everything IS bigger in Texas, including the hubris.

Looking back at their final rankings from 2009 of the Top 150 [seriously, Top 150], guys at 25 and below were going to low-majors, and guys at 50 and below were going to non D-1 schools.

Anyway, hope we get Henry and Gibson.

I'm a little surpised Henry is that low, must be because he just moved and they're not used to him yet.

One guy to look out for on that list is big Gipson, he is everybit of 240 listed (maybe a little bit more) and if he is able to add just an inch or two more with his frame and strentgh he is gonna be load in college.

Exactly. There is also always some politics involved in these things. Jarion will get his due by the end of the year. There is a reason that he already has offers from over half of the PAC10.

Gipson is a guy that is a big12 type low post scorer. A guy that knows how to score and was uncheckable by everyone in the Dallas area including the whole team of Duncanville. I would love to have him and Henry. How many schollies will OU have?

Gipson is a guy that is a big12 type low post scorer. A guy that knows how to score and was uncheckable by everyone in the Dallas area including the whole team of Duncanville. I would love to have him and Henry. How many schollies will OU have?

The slam on Gibson that I've heard is that while he's super strong and athletic, he's not very developed skills wise, since he's grown up being able to just physically overpower anyone guard him.

Of course that was last fall, so he may have stepped up his game.

The slam on Gibson that I've heard is that while he's super strong and athletic, he's not very developed skills wise, since he's grown up being able to just physically overpower anyone guard him.

Of course that was last fall, so he may have stepped up his game.

I gotten to watch him several times, and don't really agree with you. He has a very soft touch for a man his size. He also has above average hands. I will grant you that he needs to work on some counter post moves and finishing with his right hand. He has a decent jump shot out to the free throw line.

Two things are holding back Mr. Gipson imo:

1. The guy needs to grow a couple more inches if he wants to play in the upper Big 12.

2. Conditioning. He can hardly make it up and down the floor and is often the last one down on the offensive end.

Does Gibson have question marks? Yes? will it limit him collegiately? Not on a large scale. 6'6 guys play the post all the time in college. Heck, OSU is going to have a 6'4 guy playing the post this year.

Does Gibson have question marks? Yes? will it limit him collegiately? Not on a large scale. 6'6 guys play the post all the time in college. Heck, OSU is going to have a 6'4 guy playing the post this year.

It limits you when you are stuck at the 5 spot because you can't get up and down the floor to guard the other team's power forward. I am pulling for the kid, but he either needs to grow, or get in much better shape (or both).

Aside from the household names....Who are some of the ones that will probably deserve some more consideration after this season and into next summer??

Aside from the household names....Who are some of the ones that will probably deserve some more consideration after this season and into next summer??

A couple of guys that I think could get an OU look:

- Kyan Anderson PG North Crowley
- Chris Coleman Post Christian Life (unless I missed his name on the list, the I don't know how the heck that he isn't on Kundstat's list. He is in the rivals national top 150 and the dude is a beast.)

Back