The Dream Class

DenverSooner

Reaction score
OU has Cam and TJ with three to give.

I want Jones, Barnes and either Lamb or McCullum. I realize that would require all of the stars to allign but I really think it is possible. I have a good feeling about Jones. My theory with Barnes is that he wants to leave Ames so he is leaning towards UNC or Duke; however, if he stays in the Big XII his friends and family can watch his games on TV and his close relatives can actually dive to a bunch of them. Finallly, I have to think deep down he despises Kansas simply because all rational humans despise Kansas (we need this to be true because KU is actually a better fall back position due to proximity). It is mostly a fantasy with Barnes but there is some logic to it.

Lamb liked OU and I think OU has a strong shot at this guy.

I also have this gut feeling (with nothing whatsoever to support it) that McCullum is coming to OU. I just think the fact that his dad was here, Jeff Capel had to make the same tough decision is going to get McCullum in Norman.

So if we accept my dream OU's roster next season is:

Cade Davis wing
Orlondo Allen C
Ray Willis wing/2
Tiny Gallon PF
Fitzgerald PF
TMG pg
Pledger 2guard
Hardrick - wing/forward
Cam - wing
TJ - Combo
Barnes (why not dream big) wing
Lamb - 2 guard
Jones - PF
McCullum -point guard

That would be pretty freaking tough to beat (and I realize I have 14 guys on that roster)

The dreamclass would be Lamb and Jones. The reason is because you have your defensive stopper in Taylor, your slasher and long distance guy in Clark, Lamb will be the scorer/ballhandler and Jones your big guy and playmaker. Three of those guys could plug into a starting lineup with TMG and Fitzgerald right off the bat.

The dreamclass would be Lamb and Jones. The reason is because you have your defensive stopper in Taylor, your slasher and long distance guy in Clark, Lamb will be the scorer/ballhandler and Jones your big guy and playmaker. Three of those guys could plug into a starting lineup with TMG and Fitzgerald right off the bat.

I completely agree with this....It just makes since with the position we will have open....Unless pledger comes in and snags the SG spot lamb would fill that...jones would fill the 4, clark would fill the 3 and TJ would come in against the tougher teams and lock down their best scorer....You just gotta hope gallon stays but if not im sure fitz will do a great job

I guess I have a higher aspirations than you and think OU also needs the best player in 2009/10

Yeah, I would love to have Barnes and by all accounts he says OU is legit in his eyes. However, when he schedules UNC and Duke inhomes after leaving the OU campus, I'm a little skeptical. He's an awesome player however.

Yeah, I would love to have Barnes and by all accounts he says OU is legit in his eyes. However, when he schedules UNC and Duke inhomes after leaving the OU campus, I'm a little skeptical. He's an awesome player however.

Does it make you feel better knowing coach Capel is in Ames today?

Capel was in Ames, sounds like watching Harrison Barnes run outside in the snow at 6 am this morning...

Damn sounds like Harrison would be perfect for Frank M's workout.

Back