The latest softball information

j2d2

Reaction score
What's the latest information about OU's softball commits/players?

This is interesting. With Erin, Kady, and Callie returning and Pendley coming in, it does help to have an experienced outfielder. I'm sure that Patti knows what she needs to know about Nirschi. There is a difference between Pitt's schedule and OU's,, but she seems to handle D-1 pitching pretty well.

Looks like Patti continues her really outstanding recruiting. I hope we dont run into the same thing we fear with the basketball team-people leaving because of the lack of playing time. This is a VERY impressive (on paper) recruiting class.

OU has received another 2018 commitment, Grace Green, a third baseman/pitcher. Her club team is Sorcerers-Williams. I think she is from California, but I'm not sure.
Student Sports Softball has become Full Count Softball. It's a combination free/premium site. You have to pay $6.99 monthly to get all of the information, but there is still a lot of free info available. The Master List is still free for example. Some videos are as well.
There is a video interview with Brooke Vestal that is very interesting. In a recent tournament, she struck out 19 batters. She sounds very mature for someone just entering ninth grade.

Last edited:
I wonder how hard she is throwing? Looks fast to me. She should be really fast by the time she gets to OU. Is there any critique of her game anywhere?

Home to first in 2.81 seconds. Sounds pretty fast as well. Anybody know what's considered a good time?

I think she is being recruited primarily as a third baseman. I could be wrong. We have Brooke Vestal coming in the same year, and I think she actually throws a bit harder.

Oklahoma Softball‏@OU_Softball·6m

Congratulations to former OU pitcher (and current #Sooners GA) @Mgascoigne32 on being named to the 2014 All NPF Team @profastpitch!

If I remember correctly, Oakdale is close to Napa (north just a few miles) CA.which got hit hard by an earthquake.

Back