Time to be pumped up.

Krugerfan52

Reaction score
We just came off a huge win. This is the time that I love to come to this board. Most of this season I have dreaded coming to the board because it's been so negative. That's why I think its so pathetic when there are posters that constantly start threads on this board complaining about the players, the coaches, the recruiting and then any time we get a good win like today, they are nowhere to be found....or only make weak little comments about any negative aspects that they can find from the game.

Either be a true Sooner fan and root for your team when the good times come, or just go away.

Sorry. Just had to vent. Great win today. One of the best in the Capel era. :jcapel

Last edited:
I was specifically proud of Ryan Wright today. He played smart, and effective. Tiny looked like a mess every time he was on the floor. We needed Ryan in a big way and he played great. He was the X factor imo.

Ryan was amazing. So impressed with him today, and where did that little hook shot come from???? Great stuff.

Either be a true Sooner fan and root for your team when the good times come, or just go away.

This is the only post I'm going to make on the subject:

I personally don't like fans that get too high or too low. Maybe "don't like" isn't the right term. I just don't understand them. We're never as good or bad as most of the fans think. We've had fans on here, even after we had 4-5 losses trying to convince us that the team would turn it around, that Willie would still compete for POY, and that we'd still be Dancing. On the flip side, we've have fans claim we're the worst team in the Big 12, that we might not win another game, etc.

I, personally, never went to either of those extremes, b/c I simply didn't believe they were true. We had a big win today. But as alot of quality posters, the Great 04 included, have said, we didn't play a great game. We won based alot, on two things. First, that TMG and Cade absolutely went off in the first half. 8-11 from three won't happen often. Second, that UT was even worse then normal from the line. If either of those stats, which really aren't influenced by the other team, fell in line with where they regularly do, we probably lose. So while I'm thrilled to death with the win for ALOT of reasons.....and while I see some areas that we are getting better in, I still see alot of deficiencies. I like talking about things like that. I liked discussing things like that 10 years ago. That is the interesting part of basketball for me. Or one of them at least. I'm certainly not trying to take away from the win by raising questions.....that is why I tried to keep my opinions in the ONE thread I started. The ONE thread that also contained alot more positive comments then negative ones.

And I know you didn't start this thread about me, at least I don't think you did, I'm just trying to give my opinion. As much as I haven't liked it when fans showed up saying that Capel should be fired, or that we'd never win another game, after a loss.....I, personally, didn't want to be the other side of that fan and claim everything is better b/c of today's win.

But it was an impressive win, on a big day for OU hoops. There is alot to smile about today, for sure. :clap

I was specifically proud of Ryan Wright today. He played smart, and effective. Tiny looked like a mess every time he was on the floor. We needed Ryan in a big way and he played great. He was the X factor imo.

Very true. If we get a normal Ryan Wright kind of game, we probably lose today. His effort was outstanding today.

Good thread. I get so disgusted by those who are singing the praises of a player or the whole team after a good game only to question why anyone has a scholarship after a bad game. That is not being a fan. I've said it before and will say it again. This is a young team with a lot of talent, but not much experience. They will have games that are hard to watch and they will have games that make you proud and excited for the future. There is no point in jumping to extremes (positive or negative) because you just end up making yourself look foolish. This team deserves the support of real fans and I for one will continue to give that support regardless of the situation.

Back