Tobias Harris Update

Sam

Reaction score
Sounds like his dad liked the Huggins visit but I think we might have a good chance to at least get an official out of him.

“Huggins was awesome. Huggs [is] the man. Huggs the man,” Torrel said of West Virginia coach Bob Huggins after Tuesday night’s in-home visit with the family.
“He’s got a plan, he’s going to win a championship,” Torrel said. “Huggs not fooling around. He’s got a plan to win a championship and if you win the championship, in the meantime, I’m going to help you get better and better every day in practice. I’m going to practice you like a pro every day.

“So when we’re in the championship you’re gonna be prepared for the NBA, not just going into the NBA, but going in the NBA and being a special player.

“He had a plan how he’s gonna do all of that, he laid it out.”

SYRACUSE COACH JIM BOEHEIM: “He was honext and straightforward. He was awesome. Coach Boeheim, he got 10 McDonald’s All-Americans and seven of them went in the first round. That’s impressive.”

TENNESSEE COACH BRUCE PEARL: “Tennessee was good. Those guys are great guys. Those guys are good. Tennesee is a nice school. Coach Pearl’s a great guy, good guy. Good winning percentage coach.”

OKLAHOMA COACH JEFF CAPEL: “Oklahoma visit was awesome. We really like the presentation from Jeff Capel and his staff. We like the direction Coach Capel is leading his team to the next level and winning. He spoke about academics, his basketball program, development workouts and getting his players better.

“His basketball staff is strong and understands helping players improve their skill level. Very impressed by the future. Three years at Oklahoma, three first-round draft picks. Many NBA prospects to follow from his program.”

ST. JOHN’S COACH NORM ROBERTS: “Norm had a great plan how he’s gonna turn St. John’s around. They were on probation. When you’re at where St. John’s was, he started from scratch. Instead of getting JUCO players, he went with a young freshman group with good character kids.

“Now they’re all juniors. Now people are gonna see for the fist time, now they’re going to see some of our progress.”

“I can relate to that because with my daughter at Delaware, she was a freshman and the freshmen became sophomores. Now they added other pieces. Now they got a run for the next two years. Now they added Elena Delle Donne. Once you start winning everyone wnats to be a part of you.”

“After Saturday we’re gonna marinate on it for a week and then a week later we’re gonna cut it down,” he said. “We’re going to go over everything, ain’t gonna rush it on cutting it down because everyone came in here with a plan. Everybody came in with a plan.

His dad seems really really involved.

Source

It's so hard to tell, but it seems like he liked the Huggins visit quite a bit.

Back