Toby Keith to Perform Wayman Tisdale Tribute Saturday

Boomer

Reaction score
NORMAN, Okla. - Music superstar Toby Keith will participate in the University of Oklahoma's celebration of Wayman Tisdale on Saturday by performing at halftime of the Sooners' 3 p.m. men's basketball game against ninth-ranked Texas.

Keith will perform "Cryin' For Me (Wayman's Song)" with saxophonist Tom Braxton and other members of Tisdale's former jazz band. The song was written in memory of Tisdale, OU's all-time leading scorer and rebounder and a successful contemporary jazz bassist, who passed away last May from cancer at the age of 44. "Cryin' For Me (Wayman's Song)," which appears on Keith's "American Ride" album, is No. 1 on the charts. It is Keith's 28th No. 1 single.

Keith and Tisdale became good friends over the years and even collaborated musically. Keith appeared on Tisdale's final album, "Rebound," in 2008, handling lead vocals on the remake of Barry White's "Never Gonna Give You Up."

Keith has been among the top musical performers in any genre throughout the past decade and is ranked among the top selling artists in all genres at No. 3 on Billboard's Top 200 Artists of the Decade. He was also named Billboard's No. 1 Country Artist of the Decade and No. 1 Country Songwriter of the Decade.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/020410aab.html

Very cool! :clap

As much as I can't wait to be there to see this, it is going to be very difficult to hear in that setting. God bless Toby for having the guts to sing this live in Lloyd Noble; the entire crowd will be crying with him.

My guess is that during the song they might play a montage slideshow of pictures of Wayman and Toby together or something like that.

I wish I could be there...well maybe not. It would be pretty hard to make it through it having lost my brother recently. Can't be there though...I have a new baby in the house!

Back