Tony Crocker

MNsooner

Administrator
Reaction score
He had another good game. He got a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds, he added an assist and didn't turn the ball over. He has been so great for this team this season he is doing all the little things while providing contagious energy for the team. One of his best improvements has been his handles. A game where Tony plays 39 minutes without a turn over used to be a miracle and now it is just a good game. I love the effort he is bringing.
:crocker

Where would we be without him thus far? In very deep bandini.

He had another good game. He got a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds, he added an assist and didn't turn the ball over. He has been so great for this team this season he is doing all the little things while providing contagious energy for the team. One of his best improvements has been his handles. A game where Tony plays 39 minutes without a turn over used to be a miracle and now it is just a good game. I love the effort he is bringing.
:crocker

:clap

He bulldogged that rebound in OT too. I thought it was Ryan Wright he got up so high. That was important because we had trouble securing defensive rebounds late in the game and I was worried Utah was going to finally nail a 3 on us.

Tony Crocker is the heart and soul of the team, IMO. The guy has 105 starts and is a talented player. OU would be in some trouble without Crocker.

Crock has been nails the past 5-6 games...nice to see...I wish he had been this good all-around in the past...he's always been a dangerous but streaky shooter...I don't think anyone foresaw him averaging better than 10 boards a game and getting double doubles...

I think a lot of basketball fans fail to realize how important role players are. Tony has been asked to rebound and play defense first. He is doing an excellent job.

TC has become more than a role player for this team in any given game he is our best or second best player. He has become a star for this team.

This was the only way this team could turn it around was for Tony and Cade to step up and they have shown there leadership and the play on the court has begin to show. We needed a leader and he has come through

It's become quite clear that Tony Crocker intends to go out with a bang. He has been playing some tremendous basketball so far this season. Sometimes, he helps us by scoring a bunch of points. Other times, he rebounds and defends. He just does whatever we need that day.

Here is a break down of Crocker's scoring by game:

MSM - 4 (he only played 20 minutes and the frosh took all the shots that game)
ULM - 13
VCU - 19
San Diego - 3 (bad badness)
Houston - 8
Nichols - 14
Arky - 16
Zona - 13
Centenary - 33 (great greatness)
Utah - 12

In my opinion he has had one bad game all season. He has totally elevated his game to a new level. I think this is a level of consistency we haven't seen from him in his career. Against the best teams on our schedule he has scored 19, 16, 13 and 12. I at this point see no reason to think he won't keep playing like this during conference time.

Every since the Nichols State game he's been consistent.

Back