TU/ALR on ESPN...

cfin5256

Reaction score
Anyone else catching this game? It's pretty good so far.

I forgot Bill Self was a former Tulsa coach. Man that was a nice list of coaches to be on. Richardson, Smith and Self, looks like Tulsa is a nice launch pad for coaches to get started on.

Did you know that J.Jordan went to the same high school as Usain Bolt?

Was Jordan a Juco kid or was he a 4 year project?

I forgot Bill Self was a former Tulsa coach. Man that was a nice list of coaches to be on. Richardson, Smith and Self, looks like Tulsa is a nice launch pad for coaches to get started on.

TU really screwed up when they went away from hiring the young, top flight, assistants and hired an old fogie like Phillips. That move set them back 10 years.

Jordan came to the United States from Jamaica and went to Florida Air Academy (the same school that produced Sasha Kaun at Kansas), but he was injured and didnt play.

Tulsa got him because he never played in the United States and a connection led him to Wojcik.

If he had played at Florida Air Academy I doubt Tulsa would have had much chance with him.

TU really screwed up when they went away from hiring the young, top flight, assistants and hired an old fogie like Phillips. That move set them back 10 years.

True... I bet they could have had Mike Anderson come back to coach. Surely he would rather be at TU than UAB. I am not sure on the timing though, but he would be been wildly popular at Tulsa and built a winner.

True... I bet they could have had Mike Anderson come back to coach. Surely he would rather be at TU than UAB. I am not sure on the timing though, but he would be been wildly popular at Tulsa and built a winner.

I wouldn't have wanted him here.

And while it was a mistake to hire Phillips in hindsight, I still think it was a chance they needed to take. They needed to try and find someone that would stick around. No way it should set them back 10 years though.

Kelvin would be a nice fit when Wojcik moves on.

I wouldn't have wanted him here.

Why not? Mike Anderson is one of the best coaches in the country, played at TU, and would fill the gym up with Nolan Richardson loyalist and people who like up-tempo basketball instead of grind-it-out Big 10 ball....

Talk about grind it out, is anybody watching the Georgetown/Temple game? That first half was slow going. 19 to 13 at halftime.

Yeah but at the same time Anderson made his name and bones at this level recruiting the south of Birmingham regions JUCO schools while at UAB. He had Okaloosa/Walton College (now Northwest Florida State and a JUCO DII perennial national power), Gulf Shores Community College, Pensacola JC, Chipola, and Gulf Coast Community on virtual lock down for any players coming out that were DI level players with the exception of one kid who ended up at Oklahoma State. Players such as the Taylor twins (didn't Ronnel play for the Thunder in the summer league last season?) were instrumental in his success at UAB and allowed him to eventually land the Missouri job. I just don't see him having control of Oklahoma or Kansas JUCOs in the same fashion at Tulsa as he had at UAB with Bama and North Florida schools.

Why not? Mike Anderson is one of the best coaches in the country, played at TU, and would fill the gym up with Nolan Richardson loyalist and people who like up-tempo basketball instead of grind-it-out Big 10 ball....

I don't care about the style. Grind it out bball is fine with me so long as they win.

I'm not a fan of Mike Anderson the person.

This could be the year Wojick lands a better job. The stars seem to be aligned ad this should be his best year at Tulsa yet. If they go dancing, as they should, he is going to draw some serious interest.

Back