Tune in now--Sooner women battling UCLA

skyvue

Reaction score
Sooner women went on a 22-3 run in the third to take the lead against UCLA. They're up by 1 entering the fourth. They're the only Big 12 team left in the tourney and they have a shot at the Sweet 16.

Boulder, this is just a public service announcement. Feel free to delete it after the game.

We will always have that 3rd quarter. Good season for the girls. Hate to see Robertson go out like that, though. Coach has this thing going.

Got ugly fast! Foul foul fake foul fake foul foul.

Both ways

Way too many missed shots in the paint as well as missed FTs. It was going to be a tough ask, but in the end.....you have to make shots and take care of the ball. They didn't do either well enough.

I didn't understand sitting Robertson late. She didn't have a great game but she's gotten hot late in games before and the margin remained large enough throughout the final couple of minutes that threes were very likely our only way to win.

Coach also opted not to foul, facing a two-possession deficit with 50 seconds to go. That made no sense to me. At least 15 second ticked off the clock.

As hot as the team was from the field in the third, they went just as cold in the fourth. UCLA didn't shoot very well in the fourth, either, but they scored from the charity stripe.

I didn't understand sitting Robertson late. She didn't have a great game but she's gotten hot late in games before and the margin remained large enough throughout the final couple of minutes that threes were very likely our only way to win.

Coach also opted not to foul, facing a two-possession deficit with 50 seconds to go. That made no sense to me. At least 15 second ticked off the clock.

As hot as the team was from the field in the third, they went just as cold in the fourth. UCLA didn't shoot very well in the fourth, either, but they scored from the charity stripe.

UCLA drove and scored on Taylor almost at will when she was on defense. The 3 point shots she took weren't even close. UCLA was bigger than us at almost every position. They did a good job of taking Taylor away. It seemed that when we made our comeback, Jennie had put the best defensive players on the court.

UCLA drove and scored on Taylor almost at will when she was on defense....It seemed that when we made our comeback, Jennie had put the best defensive players on the court.

Was Taylor guarding Osborne? The game was too late for me and I haven't followed that closely, but I saw Osborne scored 36, and I thought she must be all-world. Turns out that was her career high. She hasn't scored 30 all year, and she's only scored 20 points once since conference play started. That certainly makes it tough to win. Proud of this team and the way they've rebounded so quickly under Jennie. I hope we can get back to prime Sherri level!

Robertson was a liability on defense all night. She's just incredibly slow and UCLA just wizzed right past her. Unfortunate to see her go out like that in her final game, but it was telling as to her lack in athleticism and honestly why she never made 1st team all Big12, or AA. Any of the other girls that were close to her in the career 3pt leaders were all AAs..so that says a lot about where she lacked. If we'd not had such a horrid first half, this could have been a game we won by 10 or so, but we simply didn't rise to the occasion. Perhaps it's for the best, as the next opponent would have been South Carolina, and with our complete lack in true post production, that would have been a bloodbath! I love the seniors and will always remember them fondly. Madi and TRob ended up #2&3 all-time in scoring at OU!

If JB doesn't want a step backwards next season, she will hit that portal hardcore for a true center to compliment Culliton, and an experienced and productive point guard to assist in cutting down the TOs.

Yeah, was really wondering the thought process by not fouling earlier in the clock there.

I’ve watched maybe 5 of their games closely so extremely limited sample size (plus I am a message board doofus) but noticed against TCU in Big 12 tournament they faced a situation where they had a foul to give & a 2 point lead with under 10 seconds to go. My assumption is you would let the opposing team inbound, use the foul to burn some time, and then force another inbound but they also chose not to foul there either.

watched the 1st half...but so painfully obvious we are not super athletic OVERALL. Funny, kind of like the guys...lol.

The run/gun Billy Ball is good as long as you are making shots and not committing turnovers...we have a lot of turnovers...per game.

I do think she's a good coach and it's def an improvement from the ending years of Coale. Hopefully we can get some strong athletes coming in.

Back