Umm...i'm very concerned....

stormspencer

Reaction score
this is the worst OU team I've seen in 15 years. I know that we are young and are trying to incorporate new players in a new system, but there is no semblance of any kind of offense and the defense is lethargic at best. I'm not over-reacting, this team simply stinks right now.

And that may be ok with some of you who want to make excuses. The fundamentals are bad and if this is the product that we are going to see this season, we won't make the CBI.

So if getting beat by an average San Diego team is ok....then flame away...i'm disgusted.

Its pretty hard to watch. I think they've been smoking too much herb. Lol. At least, it looks that way.

:ez-laugh:

Ya know, its early for every team and nobody outside of Nebraska looks as bad as Oklahoma does right now. Im not even sure Nebraska looks this bad. OU got blown out by VCU and are getting run out of the gym right now to San Diego..I mean, this team is down 22 points to this team right now.

Young, early, whatever... It's a crappy basketball team right now.

Unbelievably bad. So much talent, but no cohesiveness.

Look, I love Capel as much as the next guy, but at what point do we start to examine the coaching vs.just being a great recruiter?

And yes--it is early. Very early. But right now, this team looks terrible. No semblance of offense, no semblance of defense. Bad, bad, bad.

I love my team and my university, but this is going to be a long season. I can't believe we are this bad.

This team, coach and players, are going to need to do some serious soul searching after this game and decide whether or not they really wanna play or not.

How can we constantly give up layups? I feel like I'm back in high school watching Western Heights get schooled by McGuiness.

Nothing like getting run by the Torreros....ugh.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

People have been all over BigABD here the last few days. Looks like he was right. He saw this coming after watching the team the last few games. I certainly did not. I thought this team was better. I thought the freshmen were better.

This is easily the worst team OU has put on the court in many years. The standing around, all the uncontested layups, the lack of hustle is just driving me nuts. I'm keeping my season tickets and know we'll get better and have some talent on the court. I look forward to our next game, but I'm really disappointed. :OUbball-logo:

People have been all over BigABD here the last few days. Looks like he was right. He saw this coming after watching the team the last few games. I certainly did not. I thought this team was better. I thought the freshmen were better.

Thanks Cheno... Hopefully they turn it around, but that 6th or 7th place finish I was talking about is looking pretty good right now. That would still put OU in the ncaa tournament, lol.

No other team in the Big 12 is looking this bad. People rip on me for Colorado and Iowa State, but those teams looked like they would run this OU team out of the gym right now. So does pretty much everyone else in the conference.

They have serious issues right now. Hopefully the bounce back against Houston, but I wouldnt be surprised to see them go down again.

This team so so bad on defense that even if the players worked hard, really hard, and the coaches did a miraculous job, we would be no better than mediocre by tournament time. Next year surely some of the rumored talent will begin to show. In the meantime, the defense is so bad that we will not be able to hang on until the offense figures which end of the court our basket is.

Many OU fans did not like Sampson but we never saw this when Sampson coached at OU. Never! This staff has to make these hot shots play college basketball. This high school crap of jacking shots, turning the ball over and not playing defense is not going to beat anyone.

Many OU fans did not like Sampson but we never saw this when Sampson coached at OU. Never! This staff has to make these hot shots play college basketball. This high school crap of jacking shots, turning the ball over and not playing defense is not going to beat anyone.

If the guys don't learn how to score consistently from a half court set, we won't win many games. We can improve defensively, but it's hard to picture defense being a strength for this team.

WOW.

You ripped me for my opinion of this team, and for saying the same thing about Kelvin/defense, then one game later here you are.

Kind of comical.

Back