Update: Juco PG Darrion Strong committed to OU

Re: Juco PG Darrion Strong visited last weekend

So Scootin are you Darrion himself or just a relative?

Every once and awhile I think about players coming here and reading the board. The good news is that our meanest posters usually save their venom for each other. I'm glad most of us are good supporters of the team.

Incorrect. There's room.

Both of them would be us at 14 if I'm not mistaken.

Seniors (3):
Woodard
Manyang
Cole
Juniors (2):
Lattin
Strong
Sophomores (4):
James
Buford
McNeace
Odomes
Freshman (3):
McGusty
Doolittle
Freeman

Jarreau/Grissom would be14. They would have to chase someone off. And if they wanted to stay in the longshot of the Bolden sweepstakes, someone else would have to go.

Both of them would be us at 14 if I'm not mistaken.

Seniors (3):
Woodard
Manyang
Cole
Juniors (2):
Lattin
Strong
Sophomores (4):
James
Buford
McNeace
Odomes
Freshman (3):
McGusty
Doolittle
Freeman

Jarreau/Grissom would be14. They would have to chase someone off. And if they wanted to stay in the longshot of the Bolden sweepstakes, someone else would have to go.

Your math is correct. Someone on that list will not be on there. Not chasing them off.

Good pick up but No way.

Hopefully we can land the other 2.
Time will tell. Watching both play I'll take Strong. It's not just skills or ability that make me say that as well. So "upgrade" may be the wrong word, but I'm happy with the exchange.

Last edited:

Cole is graduating and heading to med school

I think this is AAU footage of Strong from a couple of years ago. No way he's 6' Actually he reminds me a lot of Jordan Woodard. It shows him handling the ball and driving and hitting a layup or dishing off. It has a couple of outside shots. Nothing showing his defense.

Darrion Strong

He must be pretty good for a Big 12 school to take him, as a juco, this early in the process... Wasn't some last minute deal like a lot of the juco guys are.

I'm just a long time lurker that finally had some credible info. I will keep a close eye on Darrion's sophomore year and post some updates. He's on a powerhouse JC team with a great supporting cast...should be fun!

On a side note...Darrion was a 3rd team NCJAA All-American as a freshman and I would expect him to improve on that as a sophomore.

I'm just a long time lurker that finally had some credible info. I will keep a close eye on Darrion's sophomore year and post some updates. He's on a powerhouse JC team with a great supporting cast...should be fun!

On a side note...Darrion was a 3rd team NCJAA All-American as a freshman and I would expect him to improve on that as a sophomore.

Great 1st post. Thanks for keeping tabs. You were spot on. 6 year lurker.. Thats awesome

Time will tell. Watching both play I'll take Strong. It's not just skills or ability that make me say that as well. So "upgrade" may be the wrong word, but I'm happy with the exchange.

Could or would you elaborate. I personally respect your opinion and know you have some experience that most of us don't have.

Your first post was well worth the wait, ScootinSooner. Keep in mind, though, if posters on this board waited for attention-getting, credible news, most of us would be readers only. :)

You're off to a good start after a delay of six years before making your first post. Please don't make us wait for the next one! We're all looking forward to regular updates on our newest Sooner's sophomore season in the next few months!

Your first post was well worth the wait, ScootinSooner. Keep in mind, though, if posters on this board waited for attention-getting, credible news, most of us would be readers only. :)

You're off to a good start after a delay of six years before making your first post. Please don't make us wait for the next one! We're all looking forward to regular updates on our newest Sooner's sophomore season in the next few months!

I agree and appreciate all the posters that make the board great. I look forward to contributing throughout the season.

Don't remember Prichard's videos except when he hit all those treys but Strong had very good shooting numbers in a strong JUCO league last year so he may be as good as Prichard in scoring.

I think he may be a little better at penetrating. His ability to start and stop quickly and good lateral movement looks very good. Also he seems to get shots off over almost everybody. Made some good assists but have to keep reminding myself that the three videos I saw were highlight videos.

Strong's offer list tells me a lot. Most JUCO's don't get this much attention.

I wonder if Kruger has ever had this good of a recruiting class anywhere before.

Could or would you elaborate. I personally respect your opinion and know you have some experience that most of us don't have.
Nothing major just don't like how the Pritchard thing went down, and Lon doesn't either. I think if you look at the history of this type of thing, it doesn't seem to work out that well for the player. I hope he does great but I would have rather known now so we could get someone like Strong instead of too late in the process. That's what I mean by the exchange, would rather get a reliable guy now than a waffler.

And looking at videos of both I don't see much talent difference at all. Juco vs. high school hurts some but I would rather have 2 years of strong than ??? years from Pritchard.

Last edited:
Welcome!!!
Darrion
You have the quick release and a Nice looking shot. Great quickness and straight away speed. What else stands out is that you Know How to Play. I think that you have a High BB IQ.
You will thrive in the OU fast tempo game.

Back