Very odd Terrence Jones story on KU site

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
http://theshiver.com/2009/11/jones-waiting-til-spring/

TheShiver.com’s Matt Scott had a chance to quickly catch up with 2010 PF Terrence Jones’ mother, Linda Mashia-Jones, early Tuesday morning. With early signing period coming to a close in a few short days, everyone is wondering “Is Jones really going to wait until the spring?” Simply put, it appears so.

“Most likely he’ll wait until the spring,” Linda Mashia-Jones said when asked if Jones would decide now or later.

With regards to Jones’ recruitment, there appears to be two tiers. The consistent, first tier schools for his services are Kentucky, Washington, and Oregon, all three of which have received official visits from the versatile forward. Other schools that are still mentioned as possibilities, which fall into the second tier, are Kansas, UCLA and Arizona are unknowns.

While Kansas is still listed as a possibility, they have there work cut out for them to garner an official visit and jump into the first tier list of schools. The good news for the Jawhawks is that it appears as though they will have more time to do so

The writer, Matt Scott aka Mascott on the KU shiver site wrote a story with a five word quote from Mashia-Jones. He then goes on to rank the schools involved with Jones as "top" tiers which included UK, Oregon, and then lists UCLA, Arizona, which hasnt got an official, and Kansas, which hasn't got an official. Guess which school got left out? I'm almost betting that this contact was provoked by Jeff Capel's tweet. Very funny because I've had words with Mascott on his site about his recruiting knowledge and I asked him one time if he thought OU had a shot at Jones in which he replied, "No"?

I guess, come to your own conclusion on this one. We'll know in a day or two.

He is clueless if he doesn't think that OU is a huge player here. Evan Daniels posted three days ago that OU and Washington appear to lead. Henzo has been consistent in saying that OU is a big player.

Notice how he doesn't have any quotes from her listing his schools....

Yeah, it just seems to me like he goes out of his way to omit OU as a contender. How do you omit the first official visit the guy had and the fact he doesn't site any quotes as to list the top schools. This kid is playing it close to the vest with big time guys like Goodman, Bossi, Daniels, Young, and Meyer. So how is some clown named Mascott gonna have the inside info on which teams are the top tier for him. And who knows, for all we know, OU may not be in consideration, but I doubt he knows.

Matt Scott should run for mayor of Garber, OK. He may not have as much experience in radio and web mastery as the incumbent, but he may have more upside.

Matt Scott should run for mayor of Garber, OK. He may not have as much experience in radio and web mastery as the incumbent, but he may have more upside.

LOL!!! Are you trying to make me Pee my pants. If OU gets Jones, he'll probably say Kellen took one for the team with Mashia-Jones!!!!

That is possibly the worst recruiting article I have ever read. One vague quote, then he state his opinion as though it were fact , and the thing that I have to admit really annoyed me was this sentence:

"Other schools that are still mentioned as possibilities, which fall into the second tier, are Kansas, UCLA and Arizona are unknowns."

Why is "are unknowns" at the end of that sentence? It adds nothing to the article and makes it a run-on sentence. Even the title annoyed me "Jones Waiting til Spring?" If you are not going to spell out all of u-n-t-i-l at least put an apostrophe in front of 'til.

Last edited:
While Kansas is still listed as a possibility, they have there work cut out for them to garner an official visit and jump into the first tier list of schools. The good news for the Jawhawks is that it appears as though they will have more time to do so

If I'm not mistaken, Jones has taken all his official visits unless Oregon was an unofficial. If that is the case, it makes this guy look more likea clown.

Back