Warren didn't practice Thursday due to an illness

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Found this note in the Tulsa World's Pledger/Fitzgerald article that was posted this afternoon.

The Sooners may not be at full strength for Bedlam regardless of the status of the two freshmen. Guard Willie Warren was not at practice due to an illness Thursday. Guard Cade Davis was there, but was still recovering from a bout of bronchitis.

“It’s been going around the team,” Davis said. “We’ve been having some problems with illness.”

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...ectid=92&articleid=20100211_92_0_NORMAN618807

Still can't believe nothing has been said about TMG. Tiny has a touch of it too.

Seriously, can this season get any worse....it is like karma wants us to lose the rest of our games.

Cade was a player guest on the coaches radio show Thursday night and he said he was just getting over the bronchitis he's had over the past week. Still sounded like he wasn't quite over it. Hope the team gets over it soon and they all can play healthy.

you all have been snake-bit this year no doubt. Baylor has the same issue with the flu going around the team. Tweety Carter was sick as a dog against Nebraska. Bears were really fortunate to get that win.

The misfortune for the two major sports at OU started in the last week of August.

I'd like to make a formal apology to Sooner Nation for my clear effect on the results of both the football and men's basketball programs this season.
There are four sports teams that I care about and follow passionately: the Yankees, the Cowboys, OU football, and OU basketball.

In 2008, the Yankees and Cowboys both missed the playoffs. OU football made the National Championshp and had a Heisman Trophy winner. OU basketball had the Neysmith winner and reached the Elite 8.

Now this year, the Yankees won the World Series, and the Cowboys won their first playoff game in 15 years. I don't have to describe to you the effect these events clearly had on OU football and basketball.

Hopefully next year they'll all be up.

Once again, I'm sorry for personally bringing this upon all of us.

The misfortune for the two major sports at OU started in the last week of August.

I agree. I have been a fairly avid fan for 25+ years and honestly cannot recall a year that has been so filled with injuries, bad luck and stupidity (Pledger and Fitzgerald).

Back