Wayman dead

Re: Waymon dead

Wayman was such a tremendous amabassador for the University of Oklahoma but more importantly for his fellow man.

Rest In Peace Wayman and may God Bless His Family.

Sad day indeed.

Waymon was a tremendous ambassador for OU, the State of Oklahoma and the City of Tulsa.

He will be missed.

ESPN just did a story on him......:eek:ldwt356::eek:ldwt356:

:boomer:sooner

I am shocked! Prayers go out to his family. :eek:ldwt356:

I started playing basketball as a kid because of Wayman, he was the first player from OU that I ever followed and loved. I've never cried before from someones death outside of my own family.

This one hurts though for me because he was the first athlete I ever idolized as a kid. I can't believe he is gone.....no more smiles, no more laughs....

R.I.P. Wayman the greatest Sooner ever and thanks for inspiring me as a kid that had no one to look up to.

God Bless the Tisdale family

This is awful news. God bless the Tisdale family.

While this is sad news, it is also a celebration because he was strong in his faith and now he is in heaven and has no more pain.

Nothing to be devastated about. He lived a life that should inspire any of us. I hope I can touch even a fraction of the people he touched in his life. An amazing human being.

The fact that he was so joyful and wouldn't allow others to grieve for him throughout this process just shows what kind of person he truly is.

Heaven is all the brighter today...

Thanks for the post, pnk. You made that awful feeling I had when I saw the subject of this thread seem so much better. Waymon was indeed an inspiration for everyone in the way he lived his life. I will never forget his great smile and gentle spirit. He will be missed! My prayers go out to his family.

Wow- he was my favorite player growing up on the East Coast. I feel confident that his deep faith in Christ and the resurrection has been realized.

What a great man. What an infectious smile. He will be missed. Prayers to the family.

One of the few men I can say that I truly loved as a child that I had never met. His smile was so infectious. Truly a great, Christian man. I am deeply saddened, but also overwhelmed with joy that he'll no longer be fighting such a horrible disease.

I can still see that turn-around jumper...WOW!!!!

Peace be with the Tisdale family...

He was just honored last month at the Thunder/Spurs game (April 7th) and seemed to be doing well.

It's shocking and very sad.

I started playing basketball as a kid because of Wayman, he was the first player from OU that I ever followed and loved. I've never cried before from someones death outside of my own family.

This one hurts though for me because he was the first athlete I ever idolized as a kid. I can't believe he is gone.....no more smiles, no more laughs....

R.I.P. Wayman the greatest Sooner ever and thanks for inspiring me as a kid that had no one to look up to.

God Bless the Tisdale family

Good stuff Shay. He was very inspirational.:OU-logo:

Very simply, my favorite sports person of all time in any sport. I didn't know him, but the public example of what a person should be and how a person should act may never be duplicated.

I wonder how many dads have used Waymon as an example to follow to their sons. Too many to count, I would imagine.

I had no idea his cancer was this bad and I am shocked beyond words this morning.

I had heard he was pretty sick again. The cancer just came back with a vengence. Terrible day, but also a day to rejoice the life that he led, and to rejoice that he doesn't have to deal with the cancer anymore, he's in a better place.

Truly sad. I saw Wayman at the end of April on a plane flying from Dallas to Tulsa. While he was smiling, he looked sick. But I had no idea he was that sick.

Wow, I had no idea he was that sick. Prayers to his family. We lost a great sooner and an even better man.

Back