We are perfectly positioned for Julius Randle

bocabull

Banned
Reaction score
Everything has fallen perfectly in place for us to have a real shot at Randle.

We needed to have a team which he could step into and potentially go on a Blake Griffin type run and we have it. Hield, Hornbeak, M'Baye, Cousins, Clark are looking good enough to take us into the tourney. Spangler is waiting in the wings. We will lose our best all around player whose minutes would go directly to Randle in Osby.

Real players can recognize a real player and you can't watch Hield without realizing he has the goods to be part of a serious 1-2-3 punch.

Kruger has a very strong pitch at this point. It's all up to Randle but if he's all that Kruger has assembled a supporting cast similar to or even superior to what Wayman Tisdale & Blake Griffin joined at OU.

Go get him Lon. Full court press.

Agreed. IF we have any remaining chance with Randle, things are playing out they way they needed to. Hopefully he sees that.

Full court press on Randle. Don't get him, save the scholly for a big time D-1 transfer (big or scoring wing).

Can Blake call him, if Lon asked him to?

Excellent points, boca! If Randle is waiting for proof that he could be the focal point of a ready-made team with tons of talent next year, hopefully he'll see that now. I like the group we have coming back. But a difference-maker like Julius could be the difference in getting into the dance and being a legitimate contender with the potential to make some noise.

I have no idea if Randle is still in play for OU or not.

But the scenario where OU would have a shot is playing out.

But Blake can show up at a basketball game when Randle is there.
Sure, but anything outside of a meet and hey how are you doing is illegal. Even just meeting him is dicey.

Last edited:
Julius Randle....

I wonder if he is taking notice of what OU could be like with him added to the mix next year?

Re: Julius Randle....

I may be pessimistic on this one boys, but I dont think we have a great chance with him. He would only go to OU for two reasons, it is the closest to home on his remaining 6 schools, or he wants to be the best player on a team he would make a lot better. I see him either following every other top player to Kentucky.

I may be pessimistic on this one boys, but I dont think we have a great chance with him. He would only go to OU for two reasons, it is the closest to home on his remaining 6 schools, or he wants to be the best player on a team he would make a lot better. I see him either following every other top player to Kentucky.

Nah, I think we're all on the same page. There's only a sliver of a chance, but to this point, things have gone well enough to keep the door open, if only slightly.

To quote one of our generation's great philosophers:

3oq9du.jpg

Also, don't forget that his longtime coach, mentor, (godfather?) is one Mr Jeff Webster

$T2eC16NHJG!E9nm3o)rwBQ!2CEKwC!~~60_35.JPG

I don't really follow this. Great players have gone to OU, OSU, Baylor, KSU, A&M, Texas, Missouri, and ISU in the past so I see no reason to assume they will not do it again in the future. Not everyone wants to play for Kentucky. Some simply won't like Kentucky. Some will want to be the big fish in a smaller pond. Some will like a certain school or coach. If a kid is paying attention he will notice that making the NBA realy has nothing to do with where you go to school. If you can play at that level, the NBA will find you.

I really hope this guy comes to OU. I think he is the player that can seal the deal and assure OU of returning to what it was from the mid 80s to 4 years ago.

When are our athletic dorms going to be finished, and when they're done, will they rival what UK has?

Back