We must all be true fans

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
To deprive ourselves of sleem for this.

Bring on the ABD doom and Gloom threads.

To his credit, the doom and gloom is correct.

We may struggle to reach .500 this season.

I'm a true fan, but yes I don't think anyone would disagree with me right now to say that this team is truly awful. And I mean...outrageously bad.

But they will get better. Just gotta keep going with them.

ABD speaks the truth thus far....but alot of us just didn't want to hear it.

I'm a true fan, but yes I don't think anyone would disagree with me right now to say that this team is truly awful. And I mean...outrageously bad.

But they will get better. Just gotta keep going with them.

Kelvin never had a team this bad...and he didn't have near the talent...

We will see what Capel is made of this season... this is not inspiring though

I made through the whole thing; turkey tranquilizers kicking my butt and everything. It just kills me that we lead by almost 20 and by the end were struggling not to get blown out. Un-freakin-real. Lotta work to do with this team.

Even the most optimistic fan (I am one) has to be discouraged at this point.

I'm not bashing anyone but this is a BAD team on the defensive end. I have hopes that it will be in time but frankly, I don't see the commitment on the defensive end at this point from the players.

If OU can't stop these teams, then a 4-5 win Big 12 is a probability.

Let's hope they get something going.

Even the most optimistic fan (I am one) has to be discouraged at this point.

I'm not bashing anyone but this is a BAD team on the defensive end. I have hopes that it will be in time but frankly, I don't see the commitment on the defensive end at this point from the players.

If OU can't stop these teams, then a 4-5 win Big 12 is a probability.

Let's hope they get something going.

Groing pains. OU will get better. They may struggle to make it to the NCAA, but their is enough team talent to have a servicable season.

Groing pains. OU will get better. They may struggle to make it to the NCAA, but their is enough team talent to have a servicable season.

That is quite a change in expectations than there was last week, wouldnt you say?

That is quite a change in expectations than there was last week, wouldnt you say?

I've think I had OU 4th in the league. 4th to 7th is pretty much the same. Matter of fact i think last year there was a three way tie for fourth. So the expectation for me are in the same ballpark. I think OSU, TAMU, and ISU are clearly better teams. Outside of that, I can't say anyone else is.

I'm not sure what a serviceable season looks like. I suppose serviceable must be better than a disastrous season. As an OU basketball team, I've been used to seeing competitive winning basketball teams.

I'm not sure what a serviceable season looks like. I suppose serviceable must be better than a disastrous season. As an OU basketball team, I've been used to seeing competitive winning basketball teams.

Me too Homie. I think this season is somewhere between Jeff's first season and his second. Capel is a recruiting coach right now and not a top level X and Os guy. But at the same time, we have such a mix of personnel that it makes any strategy hard. Well see how it plays out.

Gee, I can't believe I get the opportunity to make the counter point and be positive. Everything is fine. I much rather have talent that just needs to grow.

Just now reading the last post. Yes, if there is anything wrong with the coaching it involves recruiting all the pieces. I still think it will be fine even if that means later than people would like.

Last edited:

If I can borrow a line from former Indy coach Jim Mora:
"Playoffs....Playoffs....what do you mean Playoffs?!......I'm just hoping we can win a game".
:D

I've think I had OU 4th in the league. 4th to 7th is pretty much the same. Matter of fact i think last year there was a three way tie for fourth. So the expectation for me are in the same ballpark. I think OSU, TAMU, and ISU are clearly better teams. Outside of that, I can't say anyone else is.

I would add one more team to that list, homer that I am.

Why are people starting threads mocking ABD? This is the 2nd one and I just got on. He's been RIGHT! He saw it where the rest of us didn't. Or most of us including myself. ABD calls it how he sees it. He's not always doom and gloom. Just has been recently. And with good reason.

Back