We need Juco Juice ASAP

buttermaker1

Reaction score
We need 3-4 hard nosed juco guys to whip these AAU stars in shape on and off the court. This team is so soft its scary, CU didn't fear us last night, our D was beyond bad. Like Coach said to many personal agenda's.

I never thought I would want us to go looking for Juco Juice but its time. If we don't find some ballers ASAP we are going to be searching for a new coach after next season. Look at our current roster and the high school guys we have coming in and tell me if you see a top 30 team next year?

To many agenda's, suspensions and weak effort on this team to be play in the big sandbox.

Start pulling ships and look high and low. Oversign by 3 or 4 ships coach can figure it out this summer, lets see who wants to put in the effort and play.

Last edited:
Yeah, we need another Pattillo! Err, wait...

Tubbs and Sampson did pretty darn good with Juco impact guys. Not every jucp guy works out either does every 4 year player.

We have signed plenty of 4 year guys that didn't work out either, some are on the roster today.

Khalil Mcdonald (great shooter and scorer at 6'4'')
Antione Lundy (scorer and rebounder at 6'8'' 235)
Aziz Ndaiye (shot blocker and rebounder)

Call it a day....

Care to share some info on these kids or maybe a link to some profiles or should we just assume they fit OU's needs abd?

Care to share some info on these kids or maybe a link to some profiles or should we just assume they fit OU's needs abd?

If they are tough, strong, mean and nasty they would fit in just fine. Time to close the Jeff Capel Country Club and open the Jeff Capel Fight Club.

I'm just saying JUCOs aren't necessarily a magical solution. Wouldn't these JUCO guys already be in high demand if they were THAT highly thought of? We need players that can come in and actually contribute immediately, not just bodies.

I'm just saying JUCOs aren't necessarily a magical solution. Wouldn't these JUCO guys already be in high demand if they were THAT highly thought of? We need players that can come in and actually contribute immediately, not just bodies.

We need some mature basketball players, we have signed two solid freshmen recruits...make it a third and then grap two JUCO's.

Continually counting on freshmen to be your contributors is scary business, especially at a program like OU.

We need some mature basketball players, we have signed two solid freshmen recruits...make it a third and then grap two JUCO's.

Continually counting on freshmen to be your contributors is scary business, especially at a program like OU.

I realize that and that's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying we need to find guys that are actually GOOD players. Not Orlando Allens and Chris Walkers. No offense to them of course. Otherwise we're just spending more scholarships on guys that aren't going to contribute.

I realize that and that's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying we need to find guys that are actually GOOD players. Not Orlando Allens and Chris Walkers. No offense to them of course. Otherwise we're just spending more scholarships on guys that aren't going to contribute.

Walker should of never been on scholarship, I agree.

As for Allen, it hasn't worked out, but I can see why Capel offered him. Good size big man and has three years to play. He was a project and the light never went on for him. More disappointed in Ryan Wright's development and offering a schollie to Hardrick than anything.

Like Hardrick, Early, Neismith and Willis?

Its a numbers game oversign at this point and see who wants it. This program is in crisis mode.

Sure....

Khalil Mcdonald (6'4'' 200) averages 26 points a game for Blinn Junior College in Texas this year and is coming off a 49 point game. He averaged 22 points a game as a freshman and is a 1st team juco all-american. - http://www.blinn.edu/Buccaneer/athletics/mens_basketball/index.htm

Antione Lundy (6'8'' 235) averages 18.4 points and 13.3 rebounds for Neosho County in Kansas. He leads the Jayhawk conference in scoring and rebounding. He is #1 in defensive rebound, #2 in offensive rebounding, and #1 in overall rebounding. http://www.kjccc.org/basketball/0910/stats-M/2010_kjccc_season/conf_indv.html

Aziz Ndaiye... We all know about him.

Last edited:

Not directed at you personally abd, but WHAT DO WE KNOW ABOUT THIS GUY!?!?!?! Obviously there are multiple teams interested, but he hasn't played this season due to an injury and I've yet to see any film on him from when he was healthy. He may be the answer, but I'd feel better making a hard press for Lundy [proving it on the court], Majok [the film I saw looked like what we needed] and Jones [although 'll bet he fancies himself more of a point forward than a rebounder/defender].

FWIW, I'm 100% on board with us needing a JUCO big [or a kid that plays big as a fresman].

The spring signing period can't get here soon enough.

Like Hardrick, Early, Neismith and Willis?

Its a numbers game oversign at this point and see who wants it. This program is in crisis mode.

We wont do it though because it wouldn't be "nice" and "fair".. I am wishing so badly we could run off the crappy players but we won't.. Sigh...

Sure....

Khalil Mcdonald (6'4'' 200) averages 26 points a game for Blinn Junior College in Texas this year and is coming off a 49 point game. He averaged 22 points a game as a freshman and is a 1st team juco all-american. - http://www.blinn.edu/Buccaneer/athletics/mens_basketball/index.htm

Antione Lundy (6'8'' 235) averages 18.4 points and 13.3 rebounds for Neosho County in Kansas. He leads the Jayhawk conference in scoring and rebounding. He is #1 in defensive rebound, #2 in offensive rebounding, and #1 in overall rebounding. http://www.kjccc.org/basketball/0910/stats-M/2010_kjccc_season/conf_indv.html

What's the "catch" with Lundy? Why are the only two schools interested Morehead St and Pacific? (according to rivals)

Khalil Mcdonald (great shooter and scorer at 6'4'')
Antione Lundy (scorer and rebounder at 6'8'' 235)
Aziz Ndaiye (shot blocker and rebounder)

Call it a day....

Dont be surprised if Kahlil Mcdonald sins with oklahoma state

We wont do it though because it wouldn't be "nice" and "fair".. I am wishing so badly we could run off the crappy players but we won't.. Sigh...

Ford did it last year and is doing it again this year. He's signed 5 this year with only 3 spots open. Gotta do whatever it takes to be competitive. Oh and he's still looking to sign kahlil mcdonald

Back