What do you think of this line?

And for those suggesting it's unheard of to remove a really good player mid-year, look no further than J.R. Raymond.

And for those suggesting it's unheard of to remove a really good player mid-year, look no further than J.R. Raymond.

Also that kid that got kicked off Kentucky's team and then Sampson kicked him off OU's team before the season even started. The inmates cannot run the prison.

oh, you mean somebody from over 10 years ago?

Still waiting on evidence of all these facts getting thrown around

If those 2 things are things we know for sure, why did you form one of them in a question? And if they are facts, were is the evidence?

You don't cut a 5* recruit who is the best player on your team midseason or even the off season. You figure out another way to discipline him

If he was a problem, why not? We weren't going to win anyway.

oh, you mean somebody from over 10 years ago?

Still waiting on evidence of all these facts getting thrown around

This is not a formal proceeding. No one has to offer up any evidence to you or anyone else. This is a basketball message board. It is a good place to exchange information and opinions on the subject of OU basketball.

Opinions are just that, opinions. Some of them are more well founded than others. Those that have staked out the territory of defending Capel and the clowns he brought into the program are the ones on shakey ground here. And it doesn't take any evidence to understand that.

This is not a formal proceeding. No one has to offer up any evidence to you or anyone else. This is a basketball message board. It is a good place to exchange information and opinions on the subject of OU basketball.

Opinions are just that, opinions. Some of them are more well founded than others. Those that have staked out the territory of defending Capel and the clowns he brought into the program are the ones on shakey ground here. And it doesn't take any evidence to understand that.

He took us to an elite 8. You jumped on the bandwagon and then you jumped off.

Kick someone off for sleeping with another teammates girlfriend? Sounds like a bunch of excuses to bash a kid. Why don't people bash on the girlfriends that slept with him.

clown post.
why? B/c you can't produce evidence?
If he was a problem, why not? We weren't going to win anyway.
B/c you don't give up on a talented player like WW and kick them off the team. Esp in the middle of the season. it would kill recruiting. You sit them until they get their **** together

This is a basketball message board. It is a good place to exchange information and opinions on the subject of OU basketball.

Opinions are just that, opinions.

except that people are not stating opinions...they are stating "facts" without support. And I am calling them out on it

He took us to an elite 8. You jumped on the bandwagon and then you jumped off.

Let's clear something up. Blake took us to the elite 8. You seem to be confused on that point. No Blake, no elite 8.

Sure, I was supportive of Capel and the kids he brought in. Fans do that. But, when Warren exposed himself as a flake and Capel proved unprepaired, I'm out.

Let's clear something up. Blake took us to the elite 8. You seem to be confused on that point. No Blake, no elite 8.

Sure, I was supportive of Capel and the kids he brought in. Fans do that. But, when Warren exposed himself as a flake and Capel proved unprepaired, I'm out.

NO Willie NO Elite 8

You really need to take time and look at how much WW contributed to us winning his freshmen year...then maybe you will stop bashing the kid(but prolly not cause thats what you do)

B/c you don't give up on a talented player like WW and kick them off the team. Esp in the middle of the season. it would kill recruiting. You sit them until they get their **** together

Really worked out for Rick Stansbury with Renardo Sidney, didn't it?

The history of college basketball is littered with talented players who couldn't get their act together and were let go, only to watch their former program move on.

Last edited:
You really need to take time and look at how much WW contributed to us winning his freshmen year...then maybe you will stop bashing the kid(but prolly not cause thats what you do)

I follow along the goings on with the program and the players as well as most. I'm aware of Warren's contributions his freshman season. I'm not disputing that.

What I'm telling you is that isn't enough. That doesn't give him a free pass on every other aspect of participating in a team activity. Any player that exibits habits or behaviors that are disruptive or counter productive to the team objectives has to go.

Keeping a "talent" around that is a negative impact on others is a rookie mistake.

Really worked out for Rick Stansbury with Renardo Sidney, didn't it?

The history of college basketball is littered with talented players who couldn't get their act together and were let go, only to watch their former program move on.

Not sure what Renardo has to do with anything. Mississippi state wasn't good with him or without him

Last edited:
I follow along the goings on with the program and the players as well as most. I'm aware of Warren's contributions his freshman season. I'm not disputing that.

What I'm telling you is that isn't enough. That doesn't give him a free pass on every other aspect of participating in a team activity. Any player that exibits habits or behaviors that are disruptive or counter productive to the team objectives has to go.

Keeping a "talent" around that is a negative impact on others is a rookie mistake.

I assume you are gathering all of the evidence up

Not sure what Renardo has to do with anything. Mississippi state wasn't good with him or without him

Six tournaments in eight years isn't half bad, just gave the most recent example.

Sounds eerily similar to OU and WW doesn't it?

Back