What EFFECT will WV have on Recruiting

JessieW

Reaction score
Dirty,

Earlier today, you quoted the JW comment from Adam Zag and West Virginia recruiting violations.

This STORM has been in the works since last week.

If the NCAA does NOTHING to WV;then, all COLLEGES will behave in this manner. This maybe a good thing or a bad thing.

All the major Univ. are waiting on the NCAA for their REVIEW.

Background Links:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/10/19/lamb-selby-barnes-trip-to-kansas/#comments

http://ucla.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=688&tid=127146426&mid=127146426&sid=1012&style=2
(check out the pictures)

Last edited:
Re: What EFFECT will VW have on Recruiting

Dirty,

Earlier today, you quoted the JW comment from Adam Zag and West Virginia recruiting violations.

This STORM has been in the works since last week.

If the NCAA does NOTHING to WV;then, all COLLEGES will behave in this manner. This maybe a good thing or a bad thing.

All the major Univ. are waiting on the NCAA for their REVIEW.

Background Links:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/10/19/lamb-selby-barnes-trip-to-kansas/#comments

http://ucla.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=688&tid=127146426&mid=127146426&sid=1012&style=2
(check out the pictures)

You are JW!!!!!

Warren's affect on recruiting has already been felt when you talk about Gallon, TMG, Taylor, and Clark.

Gallon's affect may be on Lamb.

I am really, really confused.

I looked at the various evidence and I saw nothing but one guy posting a bunch of stuff in code.

Is there a joke I'm not in on?

I am really, really confused.

I looked at the various evidence and I saw nothing but one guy posting a bunch of stuff in code.

Is there a joke I'm not in on?

This = me

Sometimes you just have to sit back and smile at the diversity that this board is bringing in. All types like to enjoy OUHoops.com.

There is only ONE JessieW the Arizona Wildcat fan! (thank goodness)

JessieW is an eccentric wildcat fan that has circular recruiting info about AZ recruits. His interest in this board is around Jones, Lamb, and McCallum. I like him, but he's kinda goofy.

You are JW!!!!!

Warren's affect on recruiting has already been felt when you talk about Gallon, TMG, Taylor, and Clark.

Gallon's affect may be on Lamb.

It appears that our confounding friend is not talking about Willie Warren. He is instead speaking of Virginia West.

(or Vest Wirginia... Or maybe West Virginia has been buying Volkswagens for recruits?)

Re: What EFFECT will WV have on Recruiting

It appears that our confounding friend is not talking about Willie Warren. He is instead speaking of Virginia West.

(or Vest Wirginia... Or maybe West Virginia has been buying Volkswagens for recruits?)

Correct....West Virginia.

And Yes, JessieW is Jessie Wildcat.
And my interest in this board deals with TJ, Lamb and Ray.
Plus, Capel...he is a very good recruitier and may impact Arizona in the future.

But, WHAT about West Virginia....and Adreian Payne.
Dude, folks in the West Coast had a live feed to WV midnight madness and we were LOAO (Our Azz Off).

My boyz in Kansas Gangster U will have ALOT of questions for Payne and his visit to WV.

Re: What EFFECT will WV have on Recruiting

Correct....West Virginia.

And Yes, JessieW is Jessie Wildcat.
And my interest in this board deals with TJ, Lamb and Ray.
Plus, Capel...he is a very good recruitier and may impact Arizona in the future.

But, WHAT about West Virginia....and Adreian Payne.
Dude, folks in the West Coast had a live feed to WV midnight madness and we were LOAO (Our Azz Off).

My boyz in Kansas Gangster U will have ALOT of questions for Payne and his visit to WV.

Gangster U, huh? Where's my boy Sooner23.

every time I look in a damn JessieW thread it's like entering the freaking wormhole.

Why is it a violations for students to make signs and chant a name? That seems like an awfully stupid rule. The Supreme Court has ruled the NCAA is not a state actor but West Virginia is. What is the school supposed to do? If the school tells the kids they can't wear a certain T-shirt or say certain words they are violating the first amendment. Yet the NCAA can punish the school for not violating the first amendment rights of its students. That is stupid. I see no unfair advantage by a student body being excited about potential recruits and acknowledging the recruits at an event.

Why is it a violations for students to make signs and chant a name? That seems like an awfully stupid rule. The Supreme Court has ruled the NCAA is not a state actor but West Virginia is. What is the school supposed to do? If the school tells the kids they can't wear a certain T-shirt or say certain words they are violating the first amendment. Yet the NCAA can punish the school for not violating the first amendment rights of its students. That is stupid. I see no unfair advantage by a student body being excited about potential recruits and acknowledging the recruits at an event.

The NCAA has some very strange rules, indeed....

Thanks for clearing all of it up for me. Eccentric is the operative word here.

Boomer,

This is a heads up.

And I bring this up because it may involve RAY McCALLUM.

There is more chatter about Ray McCallum next official visit.
The talk centers on THOUSANDs of Fans bringing signs for RAY; Thousands of Fans cheering for RAY; Thousands of Fans bringing poster pictures of Ray...

Note:
A certain COMPLIANCE OFFICIER said....as long as the FANS acted on their behalf...it should be OK.

However, The PAC10 conference is reviewing the compliance comment.
(I say it is a very bad idea....Similiar discussions have started at KU and UK.)

Seems to me that the best way to solve this problem is that schools should no longer be able to invite ther recruits to high profile events like midnight madness or otherwise where fan involvement is such a big part of the process.

As an OU fan, I have to say I am all for it.

Things SHOULD start to get serious.

Is there any truth to the following two things happening?

Maybe there is confirmation that West Virginia DID admitt to numerous violatinos. SELF REPORT out yet?

Maybe there is confirmation from the NCAA.
That West Virginia will get a HARSH penality.
It would not be too far fetch, the NCAA will not allow West Virginia to continue the RECRUITMENT of Adreian Payne.

PS- The BIG EAST looks extremely embarrassed by West Viriginia antics.

If the NCAA rules you can't bring recruits to Midnight Madness or similar events, I bet most schools drop those events. Besides just introducing the team to the fans, their main purpose is to entice and persuade recruits.

That would level the playing field.

Things SHOULD start to get serious.

PS- The BIG EAST looks extremely embarrassed by West Viriginia antics.

Maybe they're not used to having a Huggie Bear in their midst.
We, in the Big 12, have had the pleasure.
Huggie likes to bend if not stretch the rules.
Doing so helped him pull in Bill Walker, Michael Beasley and almost OJ Mayo to Kansas State.
Huggie did so by babysitting these guys, camping out at their houses and with coaches way many more times than the NCAA allows. He could do so because he was out of work, fired by Cincy and thus not under NCAA rules.
That's the way Bob likes it.

Back