what is going on in ft worth

I saw that they are holding open tryouts on campus to see if anyone wants to walkon and join the team to provide some extra players to finish the season.

I saw that they are holding open tryouts on campus to see if anyone wants to walkon and join the team to provide some extra players to finish the season.
they had 10 players last weekend .. before canceling the games .. wonder if some players quit

all I saw was they had 2 starters out with injuries for the rest of the year. Another had a broken finger in Jan.

Crazy they started 14-0? now 14-4

all I saw was they had 2 starters out with injuries for the rest of the year. Another had a broken finger in Jan.

Crazy they started 14-0? now 14-4

owens who got hurt vs houston played 7 min
turner who is now going to have surgery played 14 min

they had 7 other players play 12 or more min and an 8th play 3 min ..

this is something that would NEVER happend in mens baskeball ..... . sounds like the team just quit .....

UNC played almost an entire season with a 6 man rotation one year ..

Something that would never happen in men's basketball? First of all, none of us knows what is going on at TCU. Secondly, there is a word to describe that statement but I'll refrain from using it.

owens who got hurt vs houston played 7 min
turner who is now going to have surgery played 14 min

they had 7 other players play 12 or more min and an 8th play 3 min ..

this is something that would NEVER happend in mens baskeball ..... . sounds like the team just quit .....

UNC played almost an entire season with a 6 man rotation one year ..
oh I totally agree....they are "down to 10 players"...? really most teams don't run more than 7-8. That one yr Sampson was down to 8 total? Just weird they started 14-0 (what I saw on the scroll)...now they can't play with 10?

TCU women's basketball team forced to forfeit 2 games

“There are 14 players on the Frogs’ roster but only six of them would have been able to play in these two games.

There would have been five starters and one substitute, but two of those players recently came back from injuries.

So, the decision was ultimately made not to put their health at risk with extended minutes and potentially unusual responsibilities on the court.” - FOX4

Last edited:
Are you asking for an example of a women's team playing with very few players? The year before Jennie was hired we played most of the time with only 6 or 7 players. We had at least one walk-on from the volleyball team so that we could practice. We never forfeited any games.

I think it is a strategy move to try to get into the tournament. Forfeited games don't count as a loss on their record according to the NCAA, only on their Big 12 conference standings. If they can get to the end of the season at 18-10 instead of 18-12 that will help their cause if some players can return(Prince).

I think it is a strategy move to try to get into the tournament. Forfeited games don't count as a loss on their record according to the NCAA, only on their Big 12 conference standings. If they can get to the end of the season at 18-10 instead of 18-12 that will help their cause if some players can return(Prince).
probably but total bs...it should count

Back