What is the Answer???

Navy2004

Reaction score
We have been beaten by double digits, kids are dressing in the cheerleaders room, we don't wear OU clothes at practice. What is the answer????

You play the hardest working 5 players on the roster. It doesn't matter if they're walk-ons to me because if we're going to get beat by 30+ points then at least show a little bit of heart!

The problem seems to be that we have a different starting lineup every game. I guess that means that about 5 kids are doing good at practice.

Until some of these kids get it right between the ears I'm afraid its not going to matter what Capel does! Bring in Jerry Schmidt!

Do a better job scouting. Get players that fit what you want to do not players that have stars on them. That's something Kelvin Sampson was amazing at doing.

The problem seems to be that we have a different starting lineup every game. I guess that means that about 5 kids are doing good at practice.

Because kids are showing up late for practice, among other things. The only good thing is they've all passed in the classroom.

I'm just considering some "answers", I'm not ready to go this direction yet, but:

2007-2010 Big XII record without Blake Griffin on the roster: 6-11

Like I, and bigabd, said about 5-6 games into the season, I don't think most of it is fixable this season. We have some deficiencies that aren't going to be fixed until we have some more depth, and some players with different skill sets, backgrounds, and mindsets. As of now, I'm not convinced next year will be much better.

Like I, and bigabd, said about 5-6 games into the season, I don't think most of it is fixable this season. We have some deficiencies that aren't going to be fixed until we have some more depth, and some players with different skill sets, backgrounds, and mindsets. As of now, I'm not convinced next year will be much better.

Yep.

At this point, I am not entirely sure what the question even is.

We may have to cut some players. There's just guys on scholarship that aren't doing enough to cut it. So next year will be tough also. I don't think anyone though 5 or 6 games in that this team would really still be this bad though. It seems like they aren't even practicing anymore. There is seemingly no improvement. I've never seen that from an OU team. Even on other teams that were pretty average you saw improvement though the year. This team looks worse as the year goes on.

There is no answer. We are going to have to just bend over and take it like a rookie prisoner.

Back