What is your key to the season?

Consistent outside shooting.

Let's face it, Capel has shown that he can get guys to play above average defense; and if we make shots on the offensive end, we will not rely on garbage for our offensive production.

I believe that one coach in the B12 South said that if WW is hitting 3's, he is pretty much unstoppable. Also, we are going to be a drive-and-dish type team as it seems that both of our options at point guard like that style.

If WW drives and kicks it out TC, then TC needs to hit that open shot at about a 40% clip. If TMG drives and dishes to Tiny, then Tiny needs to hit that shot at about 35%, particularly if he is taking a body out of the post [his] that could otherwise be rebounding.

2. Production at foul line.

Blake was money to get to the foul line quite a bit; however, he was a poor free-throw shooter. Would like to see the team average to get somewhere north of 70% with guards working to get more fouls.

3. Willie Warren

I'm excited about this season, but losing the POY is going to hurt if we do not replace him with another POY candidate.

How does scoring more points than our opponents sound? :p

Seriously though, I think having a consistent Crocker will help a ton and team rebounding needs to be good.

Balance......We have had Blake for 2 years and we always had his inside game that was consistent. Now we need every player. We need this team to be good all around. We need our big men to guard the post and block shots on the defensive end and good screens, passing and shot selection on the offensive end. We need the guards to hit that open shot and penetrate when we need a key basket. We need them to play in your face defense on the opposing guards and double the post. Most of all I believe is the most important thing. LIVE UP TO YOUR BILLING OUT OF HS!!!!!!

Back