Whatever happened to Oleg Reztsov?

haha Oleg never saw serious time, he was a walk-on. I do have funny memories of crowds chanting his name when OU would be blowing out Coppin State or some other team like that.

Speaking of this and the Renzi thread. I really appreciated the "where are they now" articles about former players. Any chance of seeing some more of those?

haha Oleg never saw serious time, he was a walk-on. I do have funny memories of crowds chanting his name when OU would be blowing out Coppin State or some other team like that.

He was actually a scholarship player. Failed project.

He was actually a scholarship player. Failed project.

How so? He practiced hard, never got in any trouble, made outstanding grades and graduated. I don't see that as a failure for the baskteball team. I see that as an important contributor and someone OU basketball should be proud of.

I agree with Denver there.

He stayed with the program and graduated. To me thats a success.

How so? He practiced hard, never got in any trouble, made outstanding grades and graduated. I don't see that as a failure for the baskteball team. I see that as an important contributor and someone OU basketball should be proud of.

Failed in terms of being a contributor on the floor in games. He was a scholarship player. Michael Cano also practiced hard, presumably did well and graduated as well. He contributed, but also didn't take up a scholarship.

Other guys have been failed projects as well. Chris Walker springs to mind. He wasn't bad for the team or anything like that, just didn't contribute as much as you'd hope for a scholarship player. That's all. I wasn't saying it with malice.

I know what you meant, I was just thinkig perhaps you would choose a different way to view Oleg's time on the basketball team.

Oleg was a computer whiz and was always fixing Kelvin's computer. Maybe that was why coach signed him.

I know what you meant, I was just thinkig perhaps you would choose a different way to view Oleg's time on the basketball team.

Fair enough. I enjoyed watching him when he got in the games and he seemed like a really good kid.

One reason we signed him was that his JUCO roomate was a highly touted point guard. We ended up missing out on him, but Oleg still wasn't a bust. He gave us size to practice against.

Back