What's up with Fitzgerald?

ChainsawKitten

Reaction score
He only played 7-8 minutes and we definitely could have used some more rebounding.

If Fitz doesn't progress enough to get starter minutes by league play, we're going to struggle bigtime against teams with any inside game.

Tiny just isn't physical enough yet.

Bad match up tonight for Fitz, I wouldn't worry too much we won't play a lot of teams with a 6'4" power forward. You could tell he couldn't keep up with the man he was guarding. He'll continue to grow and be alright...freshmen growing pains are going to happen. Tiny must realize he's huge and use his body...

Tiny had 7 rebounds before the half, what are you talking about? He had double digit rebounds last week. HE'S A TRUE FRESHMAN FOR GOD'S SAKE. It must be something in our Oklahoma water supply that causes about half the fan base to be bitter, cynical and have utterly unrealistic expectations.

He's a freshmen. You can't trust freshmen to be good all the time. Willie Warren took his lumps last year. Blake took some as a freshmen also.

People forget that Blake averaged about 14 and 8 his freshman year. Most freshman arent scoring 20 and 10 night in night out. We are going to have some bad games.

Hold on. Tiny had double digit rebounds. But how many times did he touch the ball in the course of the offensive possession. No more than 5 or 6, with 3 or 4 of those coming outside the arc where he isn't trying to shoot from very often as of late. He scored 3 points off of 2/3 touches in the paint. Thats a good percentage. He needs the ball more inside if you want him to produce.

Bad match up tonight for Fitz, I wouldn't worry too much we won't play a lot of teams with a 6'4" power forward. You could tell he couldn't keep up with the man he was guarding. He'll continue to grow and be alright...freshmen growing pains are going to happen. Tiny must realize he's huge and use his body...

This.

and

This.

Also, include the fact Wright was playing well. He'll get there though.

100% on Tiny. I don't care how many rebounds he got, he was out of position the whole night. He's got to understand how to find his man when the shot goes up and clear him out of the lane. ULM used their quickness to establish position. He needs to counter that with a reverse move and his body. He's got to get his feet out of cement.

What do you mean "what's up" with him? It's the 2nd game of his freshman campaign.
He's fine.

What do you mean "what's up" with him? It's the 2nd game of his freshman campaign.
He's fine.

I must say, I agree with ya here, Cheno. haha

It was one game... One of only TWO that he has played in. He (We) will be fine.

This.

and

This.

Also, include the fact Wright was playing well. He'll get there though.

100% on Tiny. I don't care how many rebounds he got, he was out of position the whole night. He's got to understand how to find his man when the shot goes up and clear him out of the lane. ULM used their quickness to establish position. He needs to counter that with a reverse move and his body. He's got to get his feet out of cement.

Right, IMO his D is his biggest weakness. He got benched several times for it last night, and he wasn't happy about it. He'll get there though.

Tiny had 7 rebounds before the half, what are you talking about? He had double digit rebounds last week. HE'S A TRUE FRESHMAN FOR GOD'S SAKE. It must be something in our Oklahoma water supply that causes about half the fan base to be bitter, cynical and have utterly unrealistic expectations.

Fitzgerald and Tiny are different people, both post players and both freshman.

He's a freshman, but he is already performing on a D-1 level. That's a real good sign.

Back