Who else is tired of huge home court advantages?

I have to agree with TU, Jeff, and Sawyer, I didn't have a ton of complaints with the refs last night. We lost because we couldn't hit the big shots to take control of the game. We had a handful of chances to put tech away and didn't.

OU is the only team that never gets home court advantage form the refs and it has been going on since the Big12 was formed. It is nothing more than the SWC doing anything they can to screw OU over.

There are alot of teams in the Big 12 that aren't in Texas, and weren't from the SWC. Why do all of them get HCA, and OU doesn't?

Come on.

There are alot of teams in the Big 12 that aren't in Texas, and weren't from the SWC. Why do all of them get HCA, and OU doesn't?

Come on.

Good point.

A full 2/3 of the teams in the Big 12 are Big 8 schools not located in Texas.

OU is the only team that never gets home court advantage form the refs and it has been going on since the Big12 was formed. It is nothing more than the SWC doing anything they can to screw OU over.

There are certain fans from every school that would make this comment.
It's simply not true. For OU...or for any other team.

I thought Tiny got called for a cheap foul when he went up in a crowd for a rebound and got called for over the back i guess. He seems to be a target because he's so big. I seem to recall when Shaq was in college he got a lot of fouls called on him because people just bounced off of him. That seems to be what's going on with Tiny.

I wasn't really referring to you, more the OP. Sorry

For the 12th time, I'm not whining about our last game or any other game in particular. I'm complaining about the obvious and well accepted FACT that there is an officiating bias toward the home team. Rules should be rules. Fair should be fair. Call the game as if it were a neutral court and no one is a superstar. The star treatment in the NBA has grown old and is overdone. It's been creeping into the college game and has only gotten worse lately. The home court advantage has gotten worse lately, too. Both take away from the integrity of the game. It's not whining about a loss. If you aren't smart enough to see the difference, I'm sorry.

For the 12th time, I'm not whining about our last game or any other game in particular. I'm complaining about the obvious and well accepted FACT that there is an officiating bias toward the home team. Rules should be rules. Fair should be fair. Call the game as if it were a neutral court and no one is a superstar. The star treatment in the NBA has grown old and is overdone. It's been creeping into the college game and has only gotten worse lately. The home court advantage has gotten worse lately, too. Both take away from the integrity of the game. It's not whining about a loss. If you aren't smart enough to see the difference, I'm sorry.

"Jesus, Focker, it's just a game."

-- Jack Byrnes.

Back