Who Wins? Warren vs Wall..

jmill1200

Reaction score
WWIII and John Wall are listed in some mock drafts as the top 2 guards in 2010. Wall being the #1 and WWIII#3, I'm curious what everybody else thinks? Who has the better season? I'm hoping WWIII 's hard work pays off and by the end of the season he's the #1 pick in the draft. That would make it hard for a recruit not to consider OU.

Heres a link to the Mock draft.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2010/

Wall is more of a pure PG and Willie is combo/undersized 2 guard. For that reason alone I don't see Willie going higher than Wall in the draft. Now I think he can and most likely will have a better year this season.

I think that we need to see Wall play on the D-1 level before we can really anticipate the NBA draft. What I'd like to think happens for WWIII [I like that] is that he shows that he can lead a team in crunch-time, get to the rim at will and show a level of maturity to his game that gets scouts fired up as a "can't miss" guy.

Wall is more of a pure PG and Willie is combo/undersized 2 guard. For that reason alone I don't see Willie going higher than Wall in the draft. Now I think he can and most likely will have a better year this season.

Right on...Wall is a true PG, we haven't seen that yet from Willie.

Wall is better on the drive. Guys like Wall will eventually get a shot, but that explosion to the cup is something that is rare.

Watching Wall in the All Star games he was far from a "true/pure" PG. He is much more of a scorer than distributor. He is a better passing and more athletic version of Tyreke Evans but not as big.

Those who compare him to Derrick Rose do so mainly because they are similarly athletically but their games are really different.

Does it worry you that Wall's HS team went 17-12 his SR year? How does that happen? WW led his team to a state title his SR year. I don't think Wall has proven that he's a winner yet.

I used to feel the same way. Point guard is the most important posistion on the floor. Certainly at the College level. But in the NBA it seems to be a different story of late. When was the last time a dominate point guard (Chris Paul type), lead his team to an NBA title? Wing players are the key at the next level. Bigs can still do it Tim Duncan for example, but I think wing players clearly control the NBA. You can have an okay PG and a great wing and win a title. I don't see the oppisite happening.

In a nutshell, if I'm a college coach, I'm looking for a dominate PG. If I'm a NBA coach, I'm looking for a dominate wing. IMO

Back