Willie is 1-15 from the 3pt line....

thebigabd

Reaction score
What the????? 1-15 from the 3pt line in 3 games?

So what? Variance is all it is. Did you skip statistics?

1-15 is a notably poor start for someone who many think could be the Big 12 and National player of the year. His team isnt very good, either. In 3 games they have yet to look good.

1-15 is a notably poor start for someone who many think could be the Big 12 and National player of the year. His team isnt very good, either. In 3 games they have yet to look good.

They looked good against MSM, in fact they looked impressive as a team. They played good enough to beat a decent team in their last game. Tonight they looked bad.

No hes not the best player in college basketball. What Willie needs to work on, shot falling or not, is being a leader for the team and not showing the kind of frustration and body language that he did tonight.

Willie right now is great in his mind but, not putting it on the court. He needs a wake call and I believe Coach will give him that...

No hes not the best player in college basketball. What Willie needs to work on, shot falling or not, is being a leader for the team and not showing the kind of frustration and body language that he did tonight.

I agree. I suspect he will see a lot of film clips of his body language before they head to Alaska.

Willie obviously did not have a good game, that happens. My concern is that he didn't have things go his way and all he did was whine to the refs for not getting any calls.

He needs to suck it up, get after it, not let it affect his game and be a leader for the young guys. It is not going to be easy every night.

I thought the young guys played pretty well for the most part. I love Pledger, he is going to be a super player.

I couldn't get a TV reception but one of the things I have always worried about with Willie is that he would be wasted playing point.

He is a scorer and plays better when he lets the game come to him. Our fans have always salivated about him playing point.

This year even when he is playing #2 he is looking for assists and playing like a point guard.

Maybe Tommy should run the team more and Willie use his considerable talents to get open for a wide open shot or one of his patented drives.

It sounded a little like he was not getting calls he should have tonight and probably that frustrated him and affected his long range shooting.

Willis is a good shooter. He just needs to let the game come to him a little more and keep his cool.

One nice thing about freshmen. They usually get a lot better in February and March.

Willie will bounce back from this. Let's not forget that he is learning too. He's just a sophmore. If the season were over tonight. I would be very worried, but it's not. This team has a lot to look forward to. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Willie is so far from being ready for the NAB it is a joke. Hell he can't even make all conference much less an NBA contract.

My expectations for him were probably too high. I expected him to come in and average around 21 a game, and 7 assist. Was that too high?

Willie's game is Willie's game, creating shots on the way to the basket. He is not a great shooter. I hate to admit it, but we need a little old fashioned Kelvin role definition out there. We need to know our strengths and weaknesses and play within them.

Seems Capel wants him to turn it loose, so I guess we will see if that works. It's fine by me, I like that approach, but we may have to live with nights like last night until they settle in to what works

Back