Willie Warren doing work

In the game, Warren recorded an incredible stat line of 69 points, 14 rebounds, and three assists in 53 minutes of playing time for head coach Zhang Yongjun's side to capture the award.

Not bad

It's always been mental with him. If he could have gotten his mind right, he would still be playing in the league.

69 points and 3 assists... pretty hilarious stat line.

Still can't believe there isn't room for him on 1 NBA team. I know I've seen worse players on current rosters this season.

Still can't believe there isn't room for him on 1 NBA team. I know I've seen worse players on current rosters this season.

The thing about the NBA, once you are out...its hard to get back in. Kids don't understand the difference between getting drafted and contributing to a team. You can get drafted but if you don't contribute...the guy in the next draft class just might and then you are gone.

That last roster spot (the one WW occupied) is a precarious position. I would bet that the NBA lifespan is < 1 year.

One major factor is those guys almost never get meaningful playing time to prove themselves. Also, WW is what, 6'3"? Not really the physical attributes that would cause a team to keep him around.

the other huge issue with guys like ebi era and ww and others that make a very very good living overseas .. is that foreign pro leagues have their roster set way before the end of NBA training camps ..

WW or EE in his time would get invited to close to every teams camp in the league on a non guaranteed contract .. if they wanted ..

but if they don't make the team they get cut and then they also can't play overseas as the rosters are all set .. so it is a huge risk trying to come back to the US ..

He would be a very good NBA player. Better than Augustine, as well as many back up PG's. Two way player

He's way better than Singler. Not sure why he's still in the league.

Back