Willie's NBA stock falling in a couple of mock drafts

Sooner23

Reaction score
He's down from 8 to 18 on NBADraft.net and down from 5 to 10 in Chad Forde's mock on ESPN.

He's down from 8 to 18 on NBADraft.net and down from 5 to 10 in Chad Forde's mock on ESPN.

Who are these guys to criticize Willie? Put their accomplishments next to what he has done.

I'd love to for the criticism of me to be "18th pick in the first round of the NBA draft."

I'd love to for the criticism of me to be "18th pick in the first round of the NBA draft."

That is one way of looking at it.

The other would be "look at how many millions of dollars Willie cost himself by being lazy in college."

I have no idea if Willie Warren is lazy or not.

The thing i noticed was James Anderson in the 2nd round or late first...

if you go by the Sports Animal he has surpassed WW and a top 10 pick...

Honestly, I'm beginning to think it's not that WW is lazy, but rather he lacks any ability to properly process and deal with adversity. Once things stop going his way he immediately becomes the "victim" and his body language and on-court demeanor become terrible giving the appearance, among other things, that's he's "lazy" or "doesn't care".

During that turnover spree in Monday's 2nd half I saw the pouting, whining and dejectedness in Willie that I've seen in other immature athletes my entire life playing competitive sports. It's weird to see it on the collegiate level but obviously Willie's talent and athleticsm have always been more than enough to carry him. My guess is we didn't see it last year because what little adversity we faced was shouldered by the Griffin brothers.

This isn't a defense of Willie because ultimately we are all responsible for our own actions, but I really think this is where Capel has to earn the big bucks and understand how to manage the situation. He did the right thing Monday when he pulled Willie, not to punish him, but to let him regroup on the bench away from the pressure of the game which he was obviously wilting under. I thought aside from a few bonehead plays Willie was far more focused and under control once he came back in.

I wouldn't put alot of stock in the mock draft. I do believe Warren's stock has fallen and may fall more. I think he's got to clean up his ballhandling towards the basket and become a more consistent shooter. But neither of these drafts have Elias Harris from Gonzaga on there and that kids is a lotto pick.

Back