Would a LEADER please stand up!!!

Navy2004

Reaction score
Would a LEADER please stand up!!! We NOW HAVE ONE

I look at this team and it looks like such a simple thing. No defense . I look at it from a different point and I see NO LEADERSHIP stepping in a helping this team. You had BG last year and that really even more says how good a leader he was. I happen to be at a scrimmage the other day and heard Boo Williams talking about OU and he said Coach has his hands full with a total makeover of the lineup and he thought we would struggle a lot even till mid season. It is so hard to lose a player like BG and Big brother and have somebody step right into the roll of leader and we just don't have that now. I really believe it has to be Cade and Tony. This guys have been through the ringer and there level of toughness has to get through to these young players. I do believe that there is a voice in the locker room that is killing alot of emotion. I believe I know who that is and believe most of you do also once that issue is resolved by a step forward leader we will start our way up. Until then like a poster said, alot of patience....

Last edited:
You bring up a very valid point regarding leadership. I think both Ryan and Tony provide good leadership off of the court (in the weight room, how to run drills etc....), but this team has yet to find a leader on the court during game time.

Willie should be the guy imo. Let's all hope he steps up and assumes the role really soon. He can start by losing the poor body language, and by giving 40 minutes of effort on both ends.

Back