WW 7 3 point misses UTEP 6

buttermaker1

Reaction score
Ouch when our leader shoots like this it hurts. UTEP was 10-16 as a team. WW missed more 3's than the entire UTEP team.

perhaps more of a reason to work the ball into Tiny--run the half court O through Gallon as others have suggested

If it wasn't for WW last night we would have stomped even more than we were. He had one of his better games of the season last night. Cade goes on spurts where he can't hit the broad side of a barn and Pledger and Crock were the same.

WW needs to step up and lead this team and I think for the first time in a while, he was doing it last night.

Ouch when our leader shoots like this it hurts. UTEP was 10-16 as a team. WW missed more 3's than the entire UTEP team.

Last night Willie shot 47.4% from the field and 30% from BTA. Had he hit one more 3 he would have shot 40% BTA and 53% from the field both excellent shooting nights.

Last night the problem was defense, especially on the perimeter. When an opponent shoots 62.5% BTA and 57.9% from the field that is a strong indication that their shots were uncontested.

If you are concerned about perimeter shooting last night it would be more appropriate to look at Crocker, Davis and Pledger who shot 1-11 or 9% BTA.

Willie needed to play with more effort on the defensive end but I will take his offensive output from last night for every night the balance of the season even though he could easily improve his shot selection and be more effective.

He just needed to not press on the offensive end. Crocker also needs to finish better at the basket.

In defense of the Sooners, last night several times I was shaking my head saying "I can't believe they just made that shot".

you have to take those with a grain of salt. i never trust those

I'm not saying it's the end all, be all of stats, as I too never think stats tell the entire story. That said, those stats/ratings or whatever you want to call them do a pretty good job of presenting the picture in a fair light.

Willie wasn't effecient. Turned the ball over. No blocks or steals. Limited rebounds. And defense, which wasn't even measured, wasn't very good.

Last night Willie shot 47.4% from the field and 30% from BTA. Had he hit one more 3 he would have shot 40% BTA and 53% from the field both excellent shooting nights.

Last night the problem was defense, especially on the perimeter. When an opponent shoots 62.5% BTA and 57.9% from the field that is a strong indication that their shots were uncontested.

If you are concerned about perimeter shooting last night it would be more appropriate to look at Crocker, Davis and Pledger who shot 1-11 or 9% BTA.

Willie needed to play with more effort on the defensive end but I will take his offensive output from last night for every night the balance of the season even though he could easily improve his shot selection and be more effective.

He just needed to not press on the offensive end. Crocker also needs to finish better at the basket.

I would rather WW score 4 and we win the darn game.

Back