WW...still a lottery pick?

luckyc1423

Reaction score
Is WW still a lottery pick?

I believe he still is, but I think he has a long way to go to have a successfull career. I am one of the guys that believe he will benefit more in the NBA because the floor will be much more open for him.
But as a GM, with the way he has played, I would have to really think about drafting him. He is gonna be a 1 or 2 in the NBA and he has to be able to player better defense.
But I still do believe he is a lottery pick primarily because he is so good on offense, but really needs to figure out how to make his teammates better or that could be a big downfall

Yes, he has the skills to eventually fit the point guard spot in the NBA perfectly.

Also, when everyone around him is as good or better, he will not be afflicted with his "perceived" deficiencies. For what it is worth, I see those problems as issues of maturity and competitiveness and as such, not that big a deal.

It's strange to say, but WW is one of those rare guys that might have gone to the NBA straight from high school and the transition might have been easier.

Willie won't be able to play the 2 because he is not a consistent shooter.

His mechanics are in dire need of an adjustment, way too much movement on his shot. With such a slow release, he is going to have a lot of difficulty shooting off the dribble from mid-range, unless it's some sort of floater. This is why you see him shooting so many deep 3's, defenses back off him to defend the dribble drive.

The only option of his is to play PG, I really don't see any alternative.

If the draft were held today he would not even be picked in the first round. And if he were there is something very, very wrong with the NBA.

Is WW still a lottery pick?

I believe he still is, but I think he has a long way to go to have a successfull career. I am one of the guys that believe he will benefit more in the NBA because the floor will be much more open for him.
But as a GM, with the way he has played, I would have to really think about drafting him. He is gonna be a 1 or 2 in the NBA and he has to be able to player better defense.
But I still do believe he is a lottery pick primarily because he is so good on offense, but really needs to figure out how to make his teammates better or that could be a big downfall

No way!!!

Per Seth Davis:

Oklahoma (8-5): The Sooners looked like they had righted the ship with six-game win streak, but after getting walloped by UTEP and Gonzaga by a combined 29 points, they are once again listing badly. The good news is Willie Warren will have to come back next season, if he's smart enough to realize it.

Per Seth Davis:

Oklahoma (8-5): The Sooners looked like they had righted the ship with six-game win streak, but after getting walloped by UTEP and Gonzaga by a combined 29 points, they are once again listing badly. The good news is Willie Warren will have to come back next season, if he's smart enough to realize it.

I don't see him coming back next year.

unfortunately, if we keep playing this crappy and don't make the tournament, I still think he leaves and blames OU and Capel for his poor showing.

If the draft were held today he would not even be picked in the first round. And if he were there is something very, very wrong with the NBA.

why because they like guys that play the point can get to the rim and shoot a high % from the field and the FF line

that can pass the ball

I think if I were a GM, I would pass until the late first round.

I dont think he is a lottery pick right now, likely will be picked in the late teens/early 20s unless OU turns around the ship this year. Fact is a lot of drafting is based on hype and a what have you done for me lately attitude. The more that OU goes into the tank the more that teams will eccentuate WW's faults.

I think also there is no way in hell that WW comes back next year either. I think he's a good kid but just a bit immature and I hope for his own future he can turn it around.

I think we all, ESPN people included thought that he would be having a better year this year. I think his stock has dropped quite a bit.

One of the main things I've noticed is that he doesn't seem to be working on his body. Last year he was pretty ripped. Last night he looked skinny to me. Like he's lost weight/muscle.

I think we all, ESPN people included thought that he would be having a better year this year. I think his stock has dropped quite a bit.

One of the main things I've noticed is that he doesn't seem to be working on his body. Last year he was pretty ripped. Last night he looked skinny to me. Like he's lost weight/muscle.

+1...I completely agree....I am not sure why he decided to loose weight

If this team keeps playing like they have he probably will be back next year.

why because they like guys that play the point can get to the rim and shoot a high % from the field and the FF line

that can pass the ball

NBA teams love a player like that see Tyreke Evans. I don't see Tyreke Evans at all in WW. Evans can seriously get to the rim with well over half his points coming from there. WW can get to the rim, but is just as happy settling for heaving a contested three. Willie would really need to polish his game up and show a better court awareness, and refine his shot (low release point, very slow).

Back