XII Draft

CanRiv12

Reaction score
This is a thread probably more suited for the off-season, but I think its kinda interesting how these type of opinions can change game to game and during a season. This is a one year scenario where you toss out your top 10 players in the conference on who you'd draft for your team. What would your Big 12 draft board look like?

Just curious what the feel is for the better college basketball players in the league now that we are closing in on March...

Mine:

1. S. Collins/KU - Has some "what the hell was that" moments, but he's a competitor and a guy I would want with the ball late. Just get the feeling he is going to win. Also, great FT shooter.

2. D. James/UT - Painfully goes here. Tough matchup, extremely versatile.

3. J. Anderson/OSU - The quietest 25/night guy in the country. Rarely do I see a game where I think he has a lot of points...and he usually has over 20. Solid.

4. E. Udoh/BU - Prime example of the importance of a big man at this level. Completely disrupts offenses while also controlling boards. I wouldn't let him shoot outside anymore, but I prefer him over Aldrich because I think has the biggest impact in the league on D. Maybe too high, but I really believe he has been a large reason for the success of the Bears.

5. W. Warren/OU - Overwhelming #1 before the season, but everyone is well aware of the "story". Tough to even figure him here, but I still believe he's the best in the league at going to the bucket and creating contact, which equals scoring in bunches. Still lots of hoops left...

6. C. Brackins/ISU - Maybe too low, but as good as everyone thinks he is...ISU has really done nothing since he's been there. OU lit him up on the whole double team, which would seem alarming. Doesn't strike me as a difference maker on D. I don't think he stikes fear into teams either.

7. C. Aldrich/KU - Not a big Aldrich guy...but lack of skilled big men means he has to be on here. Good rebounder, good shot blocker, good scorer, and crazy looking foul shooter.

8. L. Dunn/BU - Can keep jacking if he'll keep hitting.

9. D. Sloan/TAMU - Carrying a pretty decent A&M squad.

10. J. Pullen/KSU - Easily the toughest slot for me with it coming down to a few guys. I gave the ever so slight nod to Pullen over Ma. Morris.

Close but no cigar: Higgins, Pittman, Henry, Ma. Morris, Tweety, Clemente, TMG, Burks, Singletary

And yours?

Last edited:
do you mean draft if you were an nba team that could only take big 12 players? or draft to fill up an empty ncaa team's roster?

Yours looks good and I don't think mine would be much different, except I think Ekpe Udoh goes higher. Maybe 2 or 3.

do you mean draft if you were an nba team that could only take big 12 players? or draft to fill up an empty ncaa team's roster?

Draft was bad word choice. Nothing to do with NBA, draft to fill up college roster.

1. aldrich - dominant defender. can score.

2. anderson - good shooter, great scorer, seems ok with not getting all the shots.

3. james - great rebounder.

4. collins - hard not to pull him, but i'd actually be a touch nervous here. hopefully he'd be ok with resuming his role from his soph year.

5. udoh - same as aldrich, just not quite as good. i'd hope he could play some at the 4 with aldrich at the 5. if not, might not be worth a pick this high.

6. pullen - backup point, can play some 2, solid defender for his size.

7. bradley - athletic, can shoot and defend. good size.

8. davis - as a 4, could play the 5 if neither aldrich or udoh were in.

9. muonelo - versatile, can play 3 or 4. tough matchup for 4s, great shooter.

10. denmon - wanted another shooter, one who can handle the ball, with a little size.

just realized that this wasn't necessarily to fill up one team's roster. i'd probably choose differently if i'd realized that. oh well, too lazy to change now.

1. aldrich - dominant defender. can score.

2. anderson - good shooter, great scorer, seems ok with not getting all the shots.

3. james - great rebounder.

4. collins - hard not to pull him, but i'd actually be a touch nervous here. hopefully he'd be ok with resuming his role from his soph year.

5. udoh - same as aldrich, just not quite as good. i'd hope he could play some at the 4 with aldrich at the 5. if not, might not be worth a pick this high.

6. pullen - backup point, can play some 2, solid defender for his size.

7. bradley - athletic, can shoot and defend. good size.

8. davis - as a 4, could play the 5 if neither aldrich or udoh were in.

9. muonelo - versatile, can play 3 or 4. tough matchup for 4s, great shooter.

10. denmon - wanted another shooter, one who can handle the ball, with a little size.

just realized that this wasn't necessarily to fill up one team's roster. i'd probably choose differently if i'd realized that. oh well, too lazy to change now.

No Brackins?? He would still be number 1 on my list.

Here's my list.

1. Craig Brackins - ISU is having a tough year but he has the skill to be an NBA starter IMO
2. James Anderson - best scorer in the Big 12, could play 2 or 3 in the NBA
3. Cole Aldrich - Should be a backup center for a long time in the NBA
4. Epke Udoh - length and ability to run the floor could make him a 4 or 5
5. Sherron Collins - good backup PG or possible starter someday
6. Avery Bradley - all the talent in the world, just young
7. Jordan Hamilton - all the talent in the world, just young
8. Damian James - May be too small to play power forward and too slow to be a SF
9. Willie Warren - talented but stock dropping
10 Pittman - fat, overrated, but big enough to play in the NBA

Putting together a 13 man college roster, this is the team I might select.

And this has nothing to do with pro potential.

G Sherron Collins
G TMG
G Donald Sloan
G Willie Warren
G Avery Bradley
G/F James Anderson
G/F Darius Hamilton
F Gary Johnson
F Damion James
F/C Bryan Davis
F/C Ekpe Udoh
F/C Craig Brackins