10 thoughts on the game

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
first off i am so excited to have college basketball back.... It is going to be a very fun year watching this team grow into something that i think could be very special. OK ready or not here are my thoughts

1. WW flat out stud and a fran says .. NBA pg PERIOD! he didn't shoot his jumper very well tonight but he was in total control and set up his team very very well .. woudl have had 2 or 3 more ast. if not for poor hands and finishes. He will average close to 20 a night and be a 1st team AA

2. TC I have really high hopes for him this year. We have seen TC at his best knocking down 3's getting steals and blocks, talking the ball to the rack and getting to the line. We just don't see these things together very often. He played very good D tonight but he was a little quick with his shot early on. The last 2 he went up a little more in rythem and knocked them down. I hope tony is better this year otherwise..............

3. Min are up for grabs on this team. WW is going to play 30+ in every game but the other 2/3 guards spots are wide open. Because WW can play the point TMG will have to fight for every min he is on the court as well. IMHO the best 3 tonight were WW at 1 with CD bird and TMG tied for 2nd with tony at 5 and ray at 6. It will be very very interesting to see how the min go this year and i expect to see many different combos on the floor early.

4. TMG is for real. He has a quick first step and is a very good passer but he is a great shooter (and still not the best on the team). He will hit 5+ 3's in a game this season. He also has "IT". He is calm and he is in control when he is running the team.

5. Focus/intensity this will be a big deal this season with the young team. We came out a little ragged last night on O and didn't really turn up the heat on d until about 5 min into the second half

I disagree about TMG. I think Capel will want to play him a bunch as the future pg. Next year he loses Crocker and WW. He needs to have a guy that is dependable with lots of experience when those guys are gone.

Back