2nd best player on this team

Willie is the best, so who iyo is the second best overall player this year?

• Tiny Gallon

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • Tommy Mason-Griffin

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Tony Crocker

Votes: 24 42.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Willie is the best, so who iyo is the second best overall player on this team?

Hard to tell until we see everyone on the court, but potential wise, I think Gallon is gonna be a beast

Big, I went with TMG and that's based on a couple of video clips I've seen.

I'd like to see one of our bigs at second best.

TMG for life, this kid is amazing. Can't wait to have him running the show.

We've got alot of smart fans here. When you combine leadership, defense and perimeter shooting, it is Tony hands down. Tony will be called to stop all of the great perimeter players this league has.

We've got alot of smart fans here. When you combine leadership, defense and perimeter shooting, it is Tony hands down. Tony will be called to stop all of the great perimeter players this league has.

I'm sorry but I'm not holding my breath on crocker.. The guy rivals Chris angel with the way he vanishes during games... He showed he can be a beast but i'm banking on pledger tmg or gallon being more consistent.. and there freaking freshmen

After watching Crocker play for 3 years, there’s one thing I can say about his game. He is consistent at being inconsistent. So that rules him out. After watching one practice clip, TMG has the potential to be a very good player for the Sooners this year. By the time January rolls around, he may end up being the 2nd best player on the team.

:capelspin

Would be a great thread in about 2 months...

Right now it is all speculation who that player is and how they will produce...i think it has to be between Crocker, TMG and Tiny though...says more about the two freshman than anything negative about any returners IMO..

Production-wise I think Willie and Tiny will be at a whole different level than the rest of the team. I could see Willie averaging 18 ppg, Tiny averaging 15 and 10 and the rest of the team averaging under 10 ppg.

I predict that if we looked back on this poll in February it will seem kind of silly.

Hopefully I'm not way off about Tiny. If I am, then we will be in big trouble.

T-Croc. He defends well, can score, can rebound, add senior leadership and experience and at this point he is our second best player. By the end of the season TMG or Gallon could surpass him, but as it stands now it is Croc. I also think even when his shot isn't falling he is still a critical player on this team. He is just a smart defender, has good size, and good enough athleticism that even if his shot isn't falling we are better with him on the court. Plus, we will need his rebounding.

Asking a true freshman to be your second best player is a lot to ask. Whether people do not like the fact that Crocker has been inconsistent with his shot, he has been through 3 full seasons, he can play good defense, he is solid from the free-throw line, and can hit big shots. So untill Mason-Griffin, Gallon, or anyone other player can prove to do these things, Crocker has to be the number 2 guy.

Crocker will be the 2nd most valuable player, but talent wise it has to be Tiny

Personally, I went with Crocker. I actually hope that both TMG and Gallon are better because that will mean the team is better but I suspect a 4th year starter will be better than both TMG and Gallon in their freshman seasons.

neck and neck between Crock and Tiny. I like it that this seems to be a tough question for Sooner fans, as it means that we have several really good players to play second fiddle to WWIII.

Until proven differently it's Tony Crocker, but I think most of us would have probably said the same about a year ago and Willie proved to be better. Mason-Griffin and Gallon could easily prove to be better than Crocker.

Back