5th foul on Crocker

baeksu

Reaction score
Seriously?

I don't complain about refs much. But did Crocker even physically touch anyone at all???

Bryan Davis rammed the ball into Tiny's chest and lost it...absolutely no foul. TC was PISSED>

The refs had some pretty ridiculous calls and no calls tonight.

Seriously?

I don't complain about refs much. But did Crocker even physically touch anyone at all???

He did not. However, tonight it was not neccessary to actually make contact to be whistled for a foul. Unfortunate. Truly.

That 5th foul was total BS. The refs were very annoying with all their fouls tonight.

He did not. However, tonight it was not neccessary to actually make contact to be whistled for a foul. Unfortunate. Truly.

Unless there's less than a minute to go and you're Donald Sloan guarding Willie Warren and then you can almost knock him down without getting called.

The ball was going to be turned over such that there was no reason to reach in.

Are you for real dude? Crock reached but didn't touch. Then the dude ran into Tiny and lost the ball. Only at that point did the ref decide to make the call. It was a horribly late call and obviously the only reason he called it was because the aTm player lost the ball. Crock didn't reach in at that point He had reached WAY before that. When he did reach, it was before the ball was lost so your statement above makes no sense unless you think Crock can see into the future.

Unless there's less than a minute to go and you're Donald Sloan guarding Willie Warren and then you can almost knock him down without getting called.

The home team was excluded from my previous comment. They of course were allowed to do virtually anything they wanted.

Although a couple of the phantom fouls went our way, too.

Are you for real dude? Crock reached but didn't touch. Then the dude ran into Tiny and lost the ball. Only at that point did the ref decide to make the call. It was a horribly late call and obviously the only reason he called it was because the aTm player lost the ball. Crock didn't reach in at that point He had reached WAY before that. When he did reach, it was before the ball was lost so your statement above makes no sense unless you think Crock can see into the future.

Wrong.

I have not acted like I did tonight since OU vs oregon in football.

Actually, I'm exactly right. As the aTm guy steps over the Big XII symbol, Tony makes a swipe at the ball. Then the guy hits the ball into Tiny's midsection and it comes loose. Then the ref calls the foul. It was a horribly late foul and the ball was not already being lost as you said above. I just rewatched it. It was 47 frames after Tony made the swipe when the ref started to raise his hand to call the foul. It was 15 frames after Tony made the swipe that he hits the ball into Tiny's stomach and loses the ball. Tony wasn't even close to him any time after that initial swipe. Thanks for playing.

Actually, I'm exactly right. As the aTm guy steps over the Big XII symbol, Tony makes a swipe at the ball. Then the guy hits the ball into Tiny's midsection and it comes loose. Then the ref calls the foul. It was a horribly late foul and the ball was not already being lost as you said above. I just rewatched it. It was 47 frames after Tony made the swipe when the ref started to raise his hand to call the foul. It was 15 frames after Tony made the swipe that he hits the ball into Tiny's stomach and loses the ball. Tony wasn't even close to him any time after that initial swipe. Thanks for playing.

Tony swiped his arm at the ball on the play and hit the other player on the left arm and that is when the whistle was blown. All told, A&M was called for more fouls.

Tony swiped his arm at the ball on the play and hit the other player on the left arm and that is when the whistle was blown. All told, A&M was called for more fouls.

That was NOT when the whistle was blown. After Crock made the swipe, (and he didn't hit his arm, he got all ball BTW), the guy took another step, hit the ball into Tiny's stomach, lost the ball and the ball had already hit the floor before the foul was called. Like I said above 47 frames. At 24 fps, that's almost 2 seconds after the swipe. Besides, another player and Tony himself were in between the ref and the swipe at the ball. NO WAY the ref could see if Crock actually touched him.

Exactly...grow up people. Pledger missing wide-open threes, TMG missing the front-end of the one and one to give us a two possession lead, we lost more than it was "taken" away. Sometimes you get the calls in crucial times, sometimes you don't...it's cyclical.

Blaming the officials in an instance like this is a defeated attitude. Proud of the way the guys played on the road, lots of promise this year and into the future.

Exactly...grow up people. Pledger missing wide-open threes, TMG missing the front-end of the one and one to give us a two possession lead, we lost more than it was "taken" away. Sometimes you get the calls in crucial times, sometimes you don't...it's cyclical.

Blaming the officials in an instance like this is a defeated attitude. Proud of the way the guys played on the road, lots of promise this year and into the future.

So I guess all that matters is the foul total at the end of the game? If that's the benchmark, let me ref some games and I promise you OU will win EVERY game I referee, yet I will make sure I call MORE fouls on OU than I do on their opponent. When fouls are called or not called and who they are on can make ALL the difference.

It was a bad call, but I have a bigger problem with willie's total meltdown in the last two minutes. The five second call and the force up trying to get the foul call.....terrible.

It was a bad call, but I have a bigger problem with willie's total meltdown in the last two minutes. The five second call and the force up trying to get the foul call.....terrible.

I hear what you're saying, but I think the non-call on the shot was a horrible call. Willie made a great play there and wasn't rewarded like he should have been. I can't fault him there. On the 5 second call, he thought he got enough separation to get a reset on the count, but apparently the ref thought he didn't. It was a close call. Should have been more careful about such things, but I wouldn't call it a meltdown on Willie's part. Just a mistake.

Back