A few way too early Top 25’s

Next year will be a wake-up call to the fact the roster is not very good. Losing Doo will hurt immensely!

Next year will be a wake-up call to the fact the roster is not very good. Losing Doo will hurt immensely!

Congratulations you win for the first to say we suck next year!

Kur and Harmon will determine how good OU is next year. I think those two have to raise their games quite a bit for OU to be good.

Of course, development out of everyone will be nice, but I think Kur and Harmon are the key.

You're going to get production out of Manek and Reaves.... JB is what he is.

JB is what he is.

We have to agree to disagree here :) IF coach’s felt “he is what he is” after sophomore year’s than players would be forced out/recruited over after two years and that would be it. Obviously this happens in some cases but not usually with a four star, two year starter their first two years.

JB wasn’t the guy last year that everyone wanted him to be scoring wise but another summer of shooting and working out will only help the guy improve his game. I’m not saying he’s going to come out and score 15 a game next year but it’s not a foregone conclusion that all he is, is a 5+ pts a game type. He started gaining a little confidence back near the end of the year and with Harmon having a year under his belt running the point and Reaves taking more control as well like he did near the end of the season, I believe he’s in a good/great position to have a Jordan Woodard type Jr season. Again, I’m not going to say that’s what IS going to happen but it could very well work out that way.

How many people thought when they heard Cousins was moving to the point and Woodard was moving off the ball initially thought it was a HORRIBLE idea for both players? I was in that company to begin with then realized it was only elevating the game of both players. Hopefully that type of change can occur for guys like JB, Harmon and Williams and even Reaves after having a year of playing together and learning how each guy likes to play.

I personally think the growth of Hill and Iwuakor are just as important as guys like Kuath and Harmon.

No ONE guy on this TEAM has to improve for them to make some noise next year but the group as a whole. If you run down the list you can name at least one if not two or three things every guy on this roster should be working on right now up until tip of the first game next season.

Guys like Reaves and Manek, sure they bring production scoring wise but Reaves needs to look WAY more in control throughout the entire game and Manek needs to show that he’s capable of making a couple of mistakes and/or miss a few shots and be able to not look like the world is ending and have to be taken out just to calm down.

JB/Williams/Harmon need to work on shooting/getting to and finishing at the rim.

Hill/Iwuakor/Kuath need to work on getting bigger/stronger and a mid range game. Throw Issanza/Garang in this group as well.

That’s just a few things I’d be telling this group right now. It’s no secret that OU just lost one of the most productive guys from last years team but i personally don’t think it’s all gloom and doom for next season either.

Tons of guys on this board talk about Huggins all the time and he’s just one of the more famous names to use the line “What’s the best thing about freshmen?...they become sophomores!” In OU’s case it’s FR to Soph and Soph to Jr for some of the guys.

OU, for the most part will always be a program that relies on four year type guys that need to improve each year to take that “next step”. I personally think they have the guys on the current roster to push for 20-23 wins next year (depending on the schedule OU rolls out). I also think people are underestimating the importance of only losing one guy (as of now) from the main core that played last year.

NONE of the guards are gone and that usually means better things ahead for the next season.

Like I said, I could be completely wrong, but i have a feeling JB is going to have a bounce back type year and only strengthen this team moving forward. Hopefully I’m right ;)

We have to agree to disagree here :) IF coach’s felt “he is what he is” after sophomore year’s than players would be forced out/recruited over after two years and that would be it. Obviously this happens in some cases but not usually with a four star, two year starter their first two years.

JB wasn’t the guy last year that everyone wanted him to be scoring wise but another summer of shooting and working out will only help the guy improve his game. I’m not saying he’s going to come out and score 15 a game next year but it’s not a foregone conclusion that all he is, is a 5+ pts a game type. He started gaining a little confidence back near the end of the year and with Harmon having a year under his belt running the point and Reaves taking more control as well like he did near the end of the season, I believe he’s in a good/great position to have a Jordan Woodard type Jr season. Again, I’m not going to say that’s what IS going to happen but it could very well work out that way.

How many people thought when they heard Cousins was moving to the point and Woodard was moving off the ball initially thought it was a HORRIBLE idea for both players? I was in that company to begin with then realized it was only elevating the game of both players. Hopefully that type of change can occur for guys like JB, Harmon and Williams and even Reaves after having a year of playing together and learning how each guy likes to play.

I personally think the growth of Hill and Iwuakor are just as important as guys like Kuath and Harmon.

No ONE guy on this TEAM has to improve for them to make some noise next year but the group as a whole. If you run down the list you can name at least one if not two or three things every guy on this roster should be working on right now up until tip of the first game next season.

Guys like Reaves and Manek, sure they bring production scoring wise but Reaves needs to look WAY more in control throughout the entire game and Manek needs to show that he’s capable of making a couple of mistakes and/or miss a few shots and be able to not look like the world is ending and have to be taken out just to calm down.

JB/Williams/Harmon need to work on shooting/getting to and finishing at the rim.

Hill/Iwuakor/Kuath need to work on getting bigger/stronger and a mid range game. Throw Issanza/Garang in this group as well.

That’s just a few things I’d be telling this group right now. It’s no secret that OU just lost one of the most productive guys from last years team but i personally don’t think it’s all gloom and doom for next season either.

Tons of guys on this board talk about Huggins all the time and he’s just one of the more famous names to use the line “What’s the best thing about freshmen?...they become sophomores!” In OU’s case it’s FR to Soph and Soph to Jr for some of the guys.

OU, for the most part will always be a program that relies on four year type guys that need to improve each year to take that “next step”. I personally think they have the guys on the current roster to push for 20-23 wins next year (depending on the schedule OU rolls out). I also think people are underestimating the importance of only losing one guy (as of now) from the main core that played last year.

NONE of the guards are gone and that usually means better things ahead for the next season.

Like I said, I could be completely wrong, but i have a feeling JB is going to have a bounce back type year and only strengthen this team moving forward. Hopefully I’m right ;)

Seems like Bieniemy was spending more time sitting on the bench towards the end of the season.

Back