A lot of you guys are bi-polar

SoonerMatt27

Reaction score
Its amazing to see the change in attitude after wins and after losses.
This is the same team that beat texas.. I didn't see these types of posts then.

Last Saturday was the quietest day on the board all year. There was nothing to gripe about so people stayed away.

Not me. My opinion has been one of caution since early on. Didn't take a genius to see this team was going to struggle.

In a one week span, we have gone from folks believing we had a chance to get into the tournament, because of the Texas win, to the program is in shambles mode. Impressive. The truth of the matter has always been that this team does not seem to enjoy playing together. There are many reasons for this so lets not single any one out. This has been a very tough year, but I believe it will only make the young guys stronger for the future.

There's no need for anyone to apologize for feeling hopeful after a win, especially one over a ranked opponent that happens to be a key rival.

Neither is there any need to apologize for feeling despondent after two demoralizing losses in a row (as well as the eight losses that preceded them).

As Deacon pointed out, this team encourages that sort of reaction.

In a one week span, we have gone from folks believing we had a chance to get into the tournament, because of the Texas win, to the program is in shambles mode. Impressive. The truth of the matter has always been that this team does not seem to enjoy playing together. There are many reasons for this so lets not single any one out. This has been a very tough year, but I believe it will only make the young guys stronger for the future.

This is a well-reasoned post. But, I don't see why we can't try to figure out what the reason actually is.

I just hope anyone who's thinking of making another "this team sucks, the season is over post" will quietly disappear, and stop acting like this team owes them something.

I just hope anyone who's thinking of making another "this team sucks, the season is over post" will quietly disappear, and stop acting like this team owes them something.

Interesting post. Don't do it!

I think players owe any program's fans and supporters hard work, a good attitude, and responsible behavior off the court. They're getting a free education out of the deal; they owe the fans (and if one wishes to further the point, the taxpayers) the best they can bring to the table.

If their best is not good enough, that's another matter. It's like my folks used to tell my siblings and I: "If a C is the best you can do in a particular subject, we'll be as proud of that C as we would be of an A in another class." But they did demand our best efforts, and they called us on the carpet when we delivered less than that.

I don't think anyone can argue that everyone on this squad is giving their all, on or off the court.

I think players owe any program's fans and supporters hard work, a good attitude, and responsible behavior off the court. They're getting a free education out of the deal; they owe the fans (and if one wishes to further the point, the taxpayers) the best they can bring to the table.

If their best is not good enough, that's another matter. It's like my folks used to tell my siblings and I: "If a C is the best you can do in a particular subject, we'll be as proud of that C as we would be of an A in another class." But they did demand our best efforts, and they called us on the carpet when we delivered less than that.

I don't think anyone can argue that everyone on this squad is giving their all, on or off the court.

+1

it's not the posters that are bipolar. it's a different crowd after wins and losses. some people come here to ***** and some come here to be positive. some are here either way and they are usually the level headed ones that can see past one game, good or bad.

The taxpayers? Of all of the various people, groups, organizations, etc. who "owe the taxpayers" this team is nowhere close to the top of the list. Owe the taxpayers?????

Of all of the various people, groups, organizations, etc. who "owe the taxpayers" this team is nowhere close to the top of the list.

Who said they were at the top of the list? Not me.

Is that really all you took from my post?

But yes, anyone who gets a free ride from a public university owes the taxpayers of that state a debt of gratitude, to a certain degree.

I can't say that I my attitude has changed. I knew they were in for a long season when I watched this team play in the Great Alaskan shootout. You could see this team had no toughness mentally or physically.:(

anyone who gets a free ride from a public university owes the taxpayers of that state a debt of gratitude, to a certain degree.

athletic scholarships aren't funded out of taxes. it would be fair, on the other hand, to say that all instate tuition paying students owe the taxpayers a certain debt of gratitude.

Back