A&M keeps chuggin' along...

thebigabd

Reaction score
Here they are at 17-6 (6-3) and they just keep on winning... It's funny, they are an NCAA Tournament tournament team and I don't think they have anyone special or even noteworthy on their roster outside of Donald Sloan.

Maybe he is the most underrated player in the conference, because I never consider him to be one of the better players in the league. Yet his team wins, he produces, and he is a hell of a defender.

Props to Turgeon, he has done a great job with a bunch of solid players. No exceptional talent, but they are tough on the glass and on defense, and they win. Kinda reminds me of some of Sampson's old teams.

Here they are at 17-6 (6-3) and they just keep on winning... It's funny, they are an NCAA Tournament tournament team and I don't think they have anyone special or even noteworthy on their roster outside of Donald Sloan.

Maybe he is the most underrated player in the conference, because I never consider him to be one of the better players in the league. Yet his team wins, he produces, and he is a hell of a defender.

Props to Turgeon, he has done a great job with a bunch of solid players. No exceptional talent, but they are tough on the glass and on defense, and they win. Kinda reminds me of some of Sampson's old teams.

Seth Davis reported yesterday that Kent will be done in UO at the end of this year...Turgeon is on Belotti's list.

Despite the fact I completely dislike Turgeon, I have to say he's had a good year with the Aggies thus far. Especially a team that only has a few true basketball players such as Sloan and a lot of huge athletic bodies.

bryan davis is extremely underrated by big 12 fans. he's good.

Davis reminds me of some of OU's posts under Kelvin. Scrappy and smart.

That plus he's 50. I mean really, how long has that guy been at A&M?

I don't know how they are doing it. I wasn't impressed with them when we played them. We should've won the game. Sloan is a really good player and they have a couple of good parts outside of him, but they just don't do anything that special.

Having said that, I can't argue with their results (winning at Mizzou, taking texas to OT in Austin). Their next 3 games are @Tech, KU, @ISU. If they go 2-1 in that stretch, they are looking at a pretty lofty seed in the NCAAs. After that, there toughest remaining games would be @Baylor and @OU. I think they are finishing no worse than 9-7 and more likely 10-6 or 11-5. Turgeon has done a good job with them this year.

Last edited:
Seth Davis reported yesterday that Kent will be done in UO at the end of this year...Turgeon is on Belotti's list.

Additionally, you will have to deal with your boss and Knight. A&M is just outside of Houston. It is an opportunity to build a monster program and it will be all yours because it has little history. If I were Turgeon, I would use Oregon to increase my pay and job security but stay at A&M.

Last edited by a moderator:
Additionally, you will have to deal with your boss and Knight. A&M is just outside of Houston. It is an opportunity to build a monster program and it will be all yours because it has little history. If I were Turgeon, I would use Oregon to increase my pay and job security but stay at A&M.

Personally, I would bolt for Oregon in a heartbeat. Belotti just listens to Knight, so you don't have to worry about having multiple bosses. Eugene is a cool city if you don't mind the liberal feel. Brand new arena opening next year which will blow UVA's out of the water (even though I am sad to see Mac Court closed down).

Plus, you know Oregon is going to pay you big money, they're not going to go after a young, upcoming coach. Kilkenney (previous AD) wanted Few since they had a prior relationship (good friends from back in the day) but Kent never made his firing an option.

He'll also get free nike kicks for life. Or until he's inevitably fired.

I would be scared if Turgeon left that they would bring Billy Clyde back.

They should probably just get Melvin Watkins.

NM

If I were Turgeon I'd stay at A&M. In a better recruiting area... The amount of talent in Texas is easier to elevate your program then what's in Oregon. That's just 1 aspect though... But I think it's a pretty significant aspect.

Back