Alex Kirk 2010 Center

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
New face that OU has contacted but not offered. Lots of Big 12 schools giving him a look including Kansas. He has an offer from Tubby up at Minnesota.

I've seen him talked about on CU boards. though, he lists CU as low interest. he's got a decent set of offers.

He averaged 28 points, 14 rebounds, and 7 blocks per game as a junior... He had some nice things to say about Colorado, and he played at their camp last month. He liked their campus and coaching staff....

He averaged 28 points, 14 rebounds, and 7 blocks per game as a junior... He had some nice things to say about Colorado, and he played at their camp last month. He liked their campus and coaching staff....

He's from Los Alamos, N.M. They sent a 7-footer to Utah a few years back. UNM really wants him, FWIW.

Those numbers are definitely inflated a little because of the type of competition he is playing against. I'm sure his production on the AAU circuit is more indicative to his actual skill set. From what I hear, he's got a good feel for the game though...but that is probably expected being the coach's son.

On a personal note, kind of painful to see OU recruiting someone from Los Alamos...they were our rival in high school.

He's from Los Alamos, N.M. They sent a 7-footer to Utah a few years back. UNM really wants him, FWIW.

I actually think he would be best served to stay in the Mountain West. The only real reason that he is getting so much attention is that the 2010 class just doesn't have many talented centers (even fewer than the last couple of years).

Back