All Big 12 based on what you have seen (12-10)

thebigabd

Reaction score
1st Team
PG: Diante Garrett (ISU)
SG: Marcus Denmon (MU)
SF: Jordan Hamilton (UT)
PF: Marshall Moses (OSU)
PF: Marcus Morris (KU)

2nd Team
PG: Tyshawn Taylor (KU)
SG: Lace Dunn (Baylor)
SF: Alec Burks (CU)
PF: Quincy Acy (Baylor)
PF: Tristan Thompson (UT)

1st Team

2nd Team
PG: Jacob Pullen (KSU)
PF: Perry Jones (Baylor) or Markieff Morris (KU)

I think I like Burks' talent more than Hamilton's but I'll just leave it the way it was.

Looks like a good list.

BTW, I thought we were going to refer to Dunn as "Punchdarius Dunn" from now on.

;)

losses to Harvard and San Francisco and struggling at home with CSU.....take Burks out of my picture.

kid is not NBA ready or at all lottery pick ready right now.

1st Team

2nd Team

Definitely agree with Denmon and Moses.

I think it will be tough for an ISU player to make all-conference if they finish 10th or 11th in the conference. But he is a pretty good player.

losses to Harvard and San Francisco and struggling at home with CSU.....take Burks out of my picture.

kid is not NBA ready or at all lottery pick ready right now.

Burks had 20 against Harvard, 29 against USF and 25 against CSU. Not sure it was his fault exactly and I'm not sure if anyone was arguing that he was a lottery pick. He's not.

1st Team

2nd Team

Can't really argue with this list.

Its splitting hairs, but I would take Burks over Hamilton at this point. That's the only change I would have IMO.

Burks had 20 against Harvard, 29 against USF and 25 against CSU. Not sure it was his fault exactly and I'm not sure if anyone was arguing that he was a lottery pick. He's not.

not saying i ever thought so....but, i live in Boulder...and see this stuff.

5. New Jersey Nets- SG Alec Burks, Colorado
Reason: New Jersey struggles this season with many new players but they fill a need for a playmaker at the SG position in Alec Burks

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186924

Can't really argue with this list.

Its splitting hairs, but I would take Burks over Hamilton at this point. That's the only change I would have IMO.

I'm not a big Jordan Hamilton fan either. He's just a ballhog.

not saying i ever thought so....but, i live in Boulder...and see this stuff.

5. New Jersey Nets- SG Alec Burks, Colorado
Reason: New Jersey struggles this season with many new players but they fill a need for a playmaker at the SG position in Alec Burks

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186924

Wow I should pay more attention. I wouldn't have him pegged as a top 5 guy. I was thinking 20-30.

Sorry, I did not mean to be smug.

garrett has played much, much better than he has ever played before. nonetheless, he still hasn't played at an all big 12 level. not even hon mention.

and isu has played a very weak schedule. i expect his performance to more closely mirror his past years as the opposition improves.

Wow I should pay more attention. I wouldn't have him pegged as a top 5 guy. I was thinking 20-30.

Sorry, I did not mean to be smug.

Draft Express is more reputable and has Burks as #22 in next year's mock draft.

Draft Express is more reputable and has Burks as #22 in next year's mock draft.

That sounds a little better. I like his skill-set but there's a lot of 6-5 - 6-6 guys that have the same skills. Plus I think he needs to add about 20 pounds to be NBA ready. Just my opinion.

garrett has played much, much better than he has ever played before. nonetheless, he still hasn't played at an all big 12 level. not even hon mention.

and isu has played a very weak schedule. i expect his performance to more closely mirror his past years as the opposition improves.

Ya, but you cant argue with:

PPG: 17
APG: 6
RPG: 3.7
SPG: 1.7

I think the biggest surprise on the list is Marcus Denmon out of Mizzou... The guy has been sensational for a good Mizzou team this year. Man, I remember Cheno telling me how wrong I was about him, that he sucked, that the foundation of Denmon, English, Bowers was not any good, etc.

But, here he is averaging 17 points, 4 rebounds, 1.7 assists, 1.7 steals, and shooting 52% from 3, 51% from the field, and 88% from the foul line. He had 27 vs Georgetown, 19 at Oregon, and 21 against Vanderbilt.

This board loved to hate on Denmon, but he's establishing himself as one of the best players in the Big 12 this year.

His 21 vs. Vanderbilt, including a game-winning steal/three point play in the waning seconds of overtime, came the day after his cousin passed away in KC; he'd been away from the team for a few days and Anderson didn't even expect him to play... he showed tons of heart in that game.

Ya, but you cant argue with:

PPG: 17
APG: 6
RPG: 3.7
SPG: 1.7

i won't argue with them, but i also don't find them very useful. kenpom stats (or any other tempo-free, advanced stats) are far more informative.

both denmon and garrett have fantastic stats, to date. though each in completely different ways.

Back